For Sale BRAND NEW NAUTICAM NA-Z8 FOR SALE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you do ever shoot macro or wide angle with you current viewfinder, you will not be able to see edge - edge without a new EVF. This feature is critical for composition as well as image review through the viewfinder, which is the optimal way to take avail of Z8.

Here's from the Nauticam website: "ENHANCED VIEWFINDERS
Electronic viewfinders are constantly achieving higher resolution and better dynamic range and the Z8 features a 3690k-dot OLED 0.5" viewfinder. Pair the Z8's EVF with Nauticam's Full Frame Enhanced Viewfinders for unrestricted viewing of the entire EVF in either a straight or angled configuration. The added working distance from the back of the housing makes for a more comfortable and natural position underwater. Edge to edge visibility and a dioptric adjustment make for easier composition and tack-sharp focus."

Not correct. If you set the Z8 EVF to the "smaller" setting (I really can't tell much difference) you get the full edge to edge 100% in the Nauticam magnified viewfinders. I've been using it for months with no problems.

I have no doubt that the newer Nauticam models are better/brighter/clearer, but I don't think they are $1,700 USD better.

Hi Aaron

Is this still available ?, I am interested in purchasing the whole package

Regards Sean

And by the way, the WWL-C with 24-50z lens is fantastic.

Be sure to check the online shops for used Len/Camera gear like KEH. The $24-50 is around $260 in like-new condition versus $400 retail.

Let me know if you need a Zoom Ring for the 24-50z. I designed my own and shared it on Thingiverse. I can send you one about $30 if you don't have a printer of your own. It's a two part - two material print so non-trivial to produce. Nauticam sells their version for $220.

My 24-50z zoom ring:

Last September, In anticipation of a S. Pacific dive trip, I purchased a Nauticam underwater rig (see photos below) for my newly acquired Nikon Z8. Unfortunately, at the start of this year I became quite ill and was diagnosed with a severe illness that requires that I end my diving career. I am eager to find a good home for my new Nauticam rig which I am now offering for sale. Please note this gear has NEVER been in salt water and only in our freshwater pool for ~20min.

My rig includes:
  • Nauticam NA-Z8 Underwater Housing for Nikon Z8 (including M16 Vacuum Valve II)
  • Nauticam Full-Frame Straight Viewfinder 400 0.8-1
  • Nauticam WWL-C Wet Wide Lens for Compact Cameras
  • Nauticam 120 Macro Port 6
  • Nauticam M67 Bayonet Mount Converter II
The rig requires the Nikon 24-50mm Z lens to function properly.

I am asking $7,000USD and will cover shipping in the continental US.
following up on this, can you let me know if this is still available please ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom