Earthquake!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a sign repair company here yesterday - 75' in the air, in a man basket on a boom crane. Wooo Hooo, what a ride that would have been!

I'd still like to be diving one time during an earthquake (nothing like a rip in the crust-major tsunami size though). I hear its really an eerie feeling and sound.

My lovely bride and I were diving in Kauai, November of 2006. We were 40' under when a tsunami came in. Sadly, we felt nothing. (But it is a cool footnote to Marian's first certified dive!)

Kept rolling for about a minute in Riverside.

Well, I went to lunch with some venture capital people, and this man who is the head of some historical building organization came over to tell one of the guys about some brick facades that are looking kind of sketchy (as in, might fall on my head).

Either I shook more than most people, or I am a big baby. (I am still a bit jumpy) Earthquakes don't get to me too much if I am around other people and we can laugh, but being alone with these electronic FOB's and the broken elevator sorta freaked me out.

In my stairwell, you can't exit to other floors. And it is all concrete slabs sort of suspended..shudder. Very claustrophobic. I still remember those SF people in the car-concrete-sandwiches down in the Marina District. The historical building guy was talking about which areas have sand-fill (what's it called?) Oh, and some guy fell off a scaffold on the art museum multi -use project going up, across from the park.

Okay, lay it on me: Am I in a bad place? Also, do you need earth quake insurance near Lake Mohave?

Waaaaaa, I want to go home.

Had just got out of the dentist's chair! Whew! Not too bad in Long Beach. Home in OC was rockin and rollin pretty good I heard.

Yep, welcome to California newcomers!

I was in San Clemente for Northridge, at least I could go outside.

Well, I went to lunch with some venture capital people, and this man who is the head of some historical building organization came over to tell one of the guys about some brick facades that are looking kind of sketchy (as in, might fall on my head).

Either I shook more than most people, or I am a big baby. (I am still a bit jumpy) Earthquakes don't get to me too much if I am around other people and we can laugh, but being alone with these electronic FOB's and the broken elevator sorta freaked me out.

In my stairwell, you can't exit to other floors. And it is all concrete slabs sort of suspended..shudder. Very claustrophobic. I still remember those SF people in the car-concrete-sandwiches down in the Marina District. The historical building guy was talking about which areas have sand-fill (what's it called?) Oh, and some guy fell off a scaffold on the art museum multi -use project going up, across from the park.

Okay, lay it on me: Am I in a bad place? Also, do you need earth quake insurance near Lake Mohave?

Liquefaction zones - most of Pasadena is fine. Just remember, where there are mountains, there has been and will be more earthquakes.

Come on Catherine, do like the rest of us - get used to them.:wink:

do like the rest of us - get used to them.

Okay, I'm trying.

I would like to go somewhere else, to be honest.

I think we all need to go diving this weekend to help us recover. :D:D:D:D

Brick facades are bad! Thats what most of the damage in Old Town was from after the Whittier quake. My building was a 2 story with a 3 story on one side and a 4 story on the other. Both of them rained debris down on our skylights. Luckily they held pretty well. The auto repair shop on Fair Oaks just south of California did not do as well. The apts next door lost a wall and crushed a few cars.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom