Earn $$$ while doing something you love!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:confused:

I'm thinking it is a smart move on their part (going to the largest dive community out there). I don't see how posting at say the local supermarket would help them any. Not like there are a whole lot of divers looking there for scuba industry related jobs.

NMREEF, Welcome to the board and good luck filling your position. That's a tough one... Straight comission...

It's interesting, although a little creepy. If I read their website correctly, they want people to sell space in their spot on the ocean floor to leave cremated remains.

Terry

Earn $$$ while doing something you love!

Sounds great, as long as you LOVE selling burial plots via cold-calling on 100% commission.

:eyebrow:

It's interesting, although a little creepy. If I read their website correctly, they want people to sell space in their spot on the ocean floor to leave cremated remains.

Terry

Oh snap. Different. I didn't read it. I was just thinking from sales/mrketing pov, this is where class 101 would have sent ya.

Exactly how is posting a help wanted ad in the help wanted forum, looking for diver/salespeople Spam?

It ads little to no value to ScubaBoard, the poster is very unlikely to become a contributing member to the forum, and the post is solely intended to benefit the OP and not the forum at large. So yeah, it's spam.

It ads little to no value to ScubaBoard, the poster is very unlikely to become a contributing member to the forum, and the post is solely intended to benefit the OP and not the forum at large. So yeah, it's spam.

It doesn't say anywhwere in ToS that to post here you must first be a contributing member nor does it state your post must benefit the SB community at large. :no: The best thing here is that SB is seen as the "go to" community. And that my friends is a major bonus for all of us.

Like this business or not, it is SCUBA related. Food for thought; I don't like ForceFins and think they are a massive joke but hey they are SCUBA related therefore they deserve to promote their product here. Just as they would deserve to post a classifed ad. The point is this, the more people/business' think the same as this person/business does, that SB is the go to place, the more it shows SB is growing and that benefits everyone. :) To attack a new business member who has not spammed... Well I think it is like attacking the new diver who is still learning...

Last edited:

Terry

Had a look at the site... 'tis a nice spot :D Guess if people wanted their remains to stay in one area of the ocean (perhaps so friends and family could visit) as opposed to being scattered well... Sounds like a good place to me.

http://www.nmreef.com/memorial+reef.18.lasso

After a warm welcome like he's received here?

Can't imagine why anyone wouldn't jump right back in after a couple pages of pounding.

You have to educate the new folks in what the acceptable practices are, not pound on 'em.

Oh, by the way- Welcome to :sblogo: Patrick! Try not to let the response to this turn you off, difficult as that may be.

To attack a new business member who has not spammed... Well I think it is like attacking the new diver who is still learning...

Ooopppss.....

You all are laboring under the delusion that this is a "member" who ever planned on coming back.

Just an FYI, if anybody cares. This company has advertised here on the board, with quite a large banner ad, if I recall correctly.

And, as an unemployed diver, living here in Florida, I do appreciate this job posting. If it wasn't for the fact that it pays strictly comission, I might have been interested. Sure beats cold calling, trying to sell debt collection services to those who claim that nobody owes them money. :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom