Early June NorCal visit - 'must-do' dive locations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Point lobos is definately worth the extra drive and should be done on a weekday while you are here

Breakwater cove / San Carlos beach would be my reccomendation for your 1st dive. Following the jetty itself along the rock wall make for very easy navigation even in low visability. It is also one of the most protected sites when the swell is up. Facilities are right there (parking, showers, equip rental air fills, food etc.). Personaly I feel a guide here is not needed at all as long as you have cold-water experience

It is also an excellent dive with opportunities to see just about everything the area has to offer. You can dive it several times each time diving a portion farther out from the beach. Closer to the end of the jetty there are usually groups of sea lions that are very likely to check you out making for an exciting and memorable dive.

It is crowded on summer weekends but even so out along the jetty you may only cross paths with 1 or 2 other dive groups underwater over the cousre of a 50 minute dive.

enjoy!

Don't you have to be a diver to offer advice on where to dive in Monterey? :D

Nah I read about it on the internet... therefore I am an expert :wink:

Grab one of the few 2hr parking spots and go down the stairs to hidden beach... great kelp forest dive with no other divers to be seen.

Awesome! Thanks everyone for all the advice! I think Point Lobos and a guided tour sounds like the best bet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom