Early Equipment Servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hqduong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I don't dive as often as I would like to. I last got my equipment service November 2011 and did 10 dives and haven't dived since. I am wondering if I should service any of my equipment early?
Things I'm thinking about doing
1. Replace all computer batteries? I have an oceanic Atom 3.0, not sure how much it drains just sitting there.
2. Have regulators serviced?
3. Have BCD serviced?

I use to do it once before every trip 6-9 months, but I'm starting to think it's a waste of money.

The one year service interval thing has been around since the doublehose days, when all the soft parts In The reg were made of natural rubber,which had a tendency to dry out and crack. Nowadays the materials used are much more durable. I generally service my gear around 250 dives or if I notice a problem. Otoh I have more than one reg so if there's a problem I can swap equipment around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom