Ear Being a Bit Odd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
Like you suggested...

That, and maybe the Dr didn't care what you thought of his patient communications?
Yup, probably didn't care. Probably didn't think there was anything wrong with the communication either.

jonnythan:
I dunno, I think it explains a lot *cough*

Uh huh. You just keep that up. I still owe you a beating....... :bash: :1poke:
Remember it's only my ear that's not right...........

hey FreeFloat,

Sorry I'm jining in late.... oral antibiotic is pretty normal (my kid had ear infections all the time) and the drops were only when we saw the doc by the time the infection was already way developed. That may explain why you were not given any.

What I don't understand is why the doctor did not categorically tell you NO diving for at least a week. I do hope you stay dry to see if the infection goes away before your trip.

Feel better,
maria

sharkdiver00:
hey FreeFloat,

Sorry I'm jining in late.... oral antibiotic is pretty normal (my kid had ear infections all the time) and the drops were only when we saw the doc by the time the infection was already way developed. That may explain why you were not given any.

What I don't understand is why the doctor did not categorically tell you NO diving for at least a week. I do hope you stay dry to see if the infection goes away before your trip.

Feel better,
maria
He may have tried to do so, I really couldn't understand him. And asking for him to repeat himself so I could hear it, made him change what he was saying. (don't you hate it when people do that? but then again, I'd hate to be in his shoes having someone constantly saying "pardon me? what was that again?")

I made a judgement for myself that my ear was ok, since it was still clearing well.

I's still clearing well, just that it also feels "thick" and sort-of stuffed - I'm thinking swollen here - so I now know better and am giving it a rest.

huh? excuse me ma'am? could you speak louder please? sorry, but this problem with my ear does not let me hear very well.... huh? what did you say? what? again please?

Sorry dear, I just could not help myself.... I hope it all works out, especially since you don't have pain yet... you lucky lady!!!

OK, please do drop a note and tell us how it turns out.

maria

I was prescribed the Cypro/Hydrocortisone ear drops and they worked well. The doctor did ask several times if I had prescription coversge. She said it was pricy stuff but was the best treatment. If it was coming out of my pocket there were lesser products she could prescribe. Bottom line, there are multiple options.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom