Ear Being a Bit Odd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
Just my own little note, I've had tons of middle ear infections, and have seen several docs about them.. I always get put on an oral antibiotic and another, different style of antibiotic ear drop. For example, Omnicef pills plus Cipro drops.
Antibiotic drops with hydrocortisone! Mine were so bad last week (partly from my poor, initial reactions) that I would not go to a different room without carrying the bottle. :xeye:

Hm, seems odd that I wasn't offered drops of any kind. The Dr didn't seem to think there would be any benefit - now I'm starting to think they just didn't want to give me any! (or maybe they didn't have any on hand)

Well I always waited until I was in excrutiating pain, so maybe they wanted to give larger doses of antibiotics to help get rid of it faster? You got it early so you should be OK.

FreeFloat:
Hm, seems odd that I wasn't offered drops of any kind. The Dr didn't seem to think there would be any benefit - now I'm starting to think they just didn't want to give me any! (or maybe they didn't have any on hand)
The real cost of "free," socialized medicine, perhaps?

DandyDon:
The real cost of "free," socialized medicine, perhaps?
Well, mine's a wee bit different, in that I'm military and we sorta have our own little world to deal with. But in my case it means that unless they tell me to, I can't just walk into a civilian Dr's office and get treated. Well I probably could, but I'd likely hear all about it later............

And being as the military is an offshoot of the government, naturally they'll stock the cheapest solution to any given problem, not the most effiecient solution..........

If it makes you feel better, I can't think of any good reason for localized antibiotics. I'm no doctor of course, but an oral antibiotic should be able to handle it just fine.

FreeFloat:
Well, mine's a wee bit different, in that I'm military and we sorta have our own little world to deal with. But in my case it means that unless they tell me to, I can't just walk into a civilian Dr's office and get treated. Well I probably could, but I'd likely hear all about it later............

And being as the military is an offshoot of the government, naturally they'll stock the cheapest solution to any given problem, not the most effiecient solution..........
Military? That would explain some.

I dunno, I think it explains a lot *cough*

FreeFloat:
Oh yeah? Please do tell........ :eyebrow:
Like you suggested...
...naturally they'll stock the cheapest solution to any given problem, not the most effiecient solution..........
That, and maybe the Dr didn't care what you thought of his patient communications?

Back
Top Bottom