EAGLE RAYS! KEY LARGO dive report, monday, 6/1/15, pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
story line today after a 2 tanker @ MOLASSES reef; EAGLE RAYS!! sunshine, light winds initially, increasing during 1st dive, seas 1-3FT(inaccurate marine forecast). double on southernmost shallow buoy M19: cobalt blue variable viz 50-70+FT, mdt+ current, water temp 81F @ 20-30FT. multiple schools(4, 12 and 15+) of rays, reef/nurse sharks, groupers, permit. by far the most eagle rays observed by us in over 2 years, they were ever present on both dives. pics from timg,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• mo1.jpg
    mo1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 82
  • mo2.jpg
    mo2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 77
  • mo3.jpg
    mo3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 73
  • mo4.jpg
    mo4.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 69
  • mo5.jpg
    mo5.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 80
  • mo6.jpg
    mo6.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 69
  • mo7.jpg
    mo7.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 75
  • mo8.jpg
    mo8.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 66
  • mo9.jpg
    mo9.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 68
  • mo10.jpg
    mo10.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 64
  • mo11.jpg
    mo11.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 76
  • mo12.jpg
    mo12.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 62
  • mo13.jpg
    mo13.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 68
  • mo14.jpg
    mo14.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 68
  • mo15.jpg
    mo15.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 66
I'm so jealous! We got to see 3 at a time, but this is just RIDICULOUS! Great shots Tim :D (I'm checking my calendar to see when we can get back down there!)

I'm so jealous! We got to see 3 at a time, but this is just RIDICULOUS! Great shots Tim :D (I'm checking my calendar to see when we can get back down there!)

IT was crazy out there! come on down,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• mo1.jpg
    mo1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 145
Really nice to see all those eagle rays. Between noaas inaccurate forecast and the dive shops playing down the current,i am glad we stood at Hens and Chickens.
We just snorkeled had a few drinks/lunch. We did see tarpon turtles and snook but no Eagle Rays you had that magnet today!

great pictures! looks like it time to for me to drive down to key largo!

Thank you DennisC.

---------- Post added June 1st, 2015 at 10:51 PM ----------

Thank you CajunDiva. You have to put your order in early for next's year's Eagle Ray Day!

---------- Post added June 1st, 2015 at 10:53 PM ----------

Really nice to see all those eagle rays. Between noaas inaccurate forecast and the dive shops playing down the current,i am glad we stood at Hens and Chickens.
We just snorkeled had a few drinks/lunch. We did see tarpon turtles and snook but no Eagle Rays you had that magnet today!

Thank you deeper thoughts. That magnet has been a long time coming. I think we saw more eagle a rays today than we did all of last year.

Wow! What a group. Wish I could have been there for that. I have been having a major vacation hangover ever since we left Key Largo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom