E9791 use permit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to the text, it is not a use permit at all, but a full mark-and-sale which allows PST LLC to continue manufacturing them. I assume this is the one there were rumored to be working on, to allow them to use up the remaining US blanks still in stock?

Funny too because this is one of those things that several people here were promising could NOT be done. Oh well, they'll doubtlessly just blame it on the perfidity of the DOT.

Thanks, Leadking. Read the doc and everything seems in order, signed and sealed as they say. Reassigning the Special Permit to the new company for mark and sale is a purely administrative function but PST LLC had to jump through some hoops to get it. I never understood why some folks were adamant that it would not happen. To me, it appeared to be a routine matter. There was nothing I could add which had not been offered by you and particularly, hacker, so I stayed out of it.

PST is not allowed to make any new cylinders under the use permit. See article K on page 13 of the use permit.

Thanks for the info. Leaking.

You are very kind, even in your position (competitor). :wink:

As someone claimed, if a new PST tank will be manufactured in Korea anytime soon, I don't think the new joint venture company are stupid enough to throw 24 millon dollar on the street without ensuring the new permit or DOT in U.S. market....

oxyhacker:
...perfidity of the DOT.
I always enjoy an excuse to crack open the dictionary, thanks!

Roak

hoosier:
Thanks for the info. Leaking.

You are very kind, even in your position (competitor). :wink:

As Joe Friday (Dragnet) used to say "Just the facts mam, just the facts"

While PST may not be allowed to manufacture new tanks under it, it is definately a mark-and-sale and not a use permit. It says so right on it, and if it was a use-only permit then it would only apply to the entity it was issued to, and anyone else who wanted to use the tanks would have to apply to the DOT to be made party to it.

Actually it appears it may be a hybrid of sorts, where the DOT issued it as a mark-and-sale, so that it would cover all the tanks out there, but restricted it so that no new ones could be manufactured under it. If so, that was a very cool and helpful thing to do on the part of the DOT exemptions branch.

The other interesting thing is that it doesn't actually extend the life of the permit - the old 10th revision one was good until August 2007, just like the new one. So this one isn't really a renewal, but just a revision to the existing exemption, to transfer it to the new company, and as a result only good for the remaining time on the old permit. Still good news, since it proves that the exemption can be reissued and renewed to in the name of the new company, so PST should have no problem renewing it by August.

Leadking:
PST is not allowed to make any new cylinders under the use permit. See article K on page 13 of the use permit.

oxyhacker:
While PST may not be allowed to manufacture new tanks under it, it is definately a mark-and-sale and not a use permit. It says so right on it, and if it was a use-only permit then it would only apply to the entity it was issued to, and anyone else who wanted to use the tanks would have to apply to the DOT to be made party to it.

Again look at page 13 article K, it allows for NO NEW CONSTRUCTION.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom