E8 tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoosier:

Thanks for the link, ours are on Sherwoods.

Does this mean that if I have a wrench to hold the base fitting and an allen wrench to wind the core out and of course the O-ring that this is a save-a dive sort of field repair. I'm not short on mechanical ability, I just don't want to overlook something.
Pete

hoosier:
It is depending on how many sizes O-ring you have in your kit. The common O-ring size in a save- a dive kit is 014 for yoke and 112 for DIN valve. The inner O-ring size won't be the same.

Check out this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=97020&highlight=o-rings

Thanks Hoosier,

I already have the 112s. I'm putting together my own kit so I should get the other smaller ones to cover my hoses as well.

Is the inner DIN O ring a standard size and does anyone know the size?

Is the repair as simple as it sounds? I'd hate to come back home dry again because of one of those failures.

Should lube be used?

Thanks,
Pete

Pete,
As you may read, one member posted that the inner-ring is the same size ring as LP-port (011). But, this size was a little bit small, so I used HP-port size (012). This is ony for ScubaPro DIN Kit. I have no idea about other brand. I put a lube on it (just shiny)

spectrum:
Thanks Hoosier,

I already have the 112s. I'm putting together my own kit so I should get the other smaller ones to cover my hoses as well.

Is the inner DIN O ring a standard size and does anyone know the size?

Is the repair as simple as it sounds? I'd hate to come back home dry again because of one of those failures.

Should lube be used?

Thanks,
Pete

hoosier:
Pete,
As you may read, one member posted that the inner-ring is the same size ring as LP-port (011). But, this size was a little bit small, so I used HP-port size (012). This is ony for ScubaPro DIN Kit. I have no idea about other brand. I put a lube on it (just shiny)

Thanks, I'll follow-up with my LDS

Pete

phillydiver:
Iam seriously considering buying E8 tanks but wondering if shops do really fill them to 3442 psi oand if the din'yoke valve is really compatible with a fill of 3442 -it seemed like the valve is 200 bar which is contrary to a 3442 fill. thanks

I purchased a E 8 last yr. from a LDS only to find out later they can't
fill it to 3442 PSI

If I want a full fill I have to go to "The Sister Shop " & they charge a PREMIUM
for a proper fill

Pete,

One more thing,
I highly recommend getting all O-rings based on my O-ring and invoice charts.
It costs only $20 including shipping. You can have all spare O-rings for at least 10 years.
My LDS charges $1 per O-rings. The manufactures do not use any special O-rings. That is, it is all standard size you can get... It is just matter of figuring out the exact size.....

spectrum:
Thanks, I'll follow-up with my LDS

Pete

Frankly, I don't understand 2 things:

1) Why yoke is even used. It's an inferior connection and DIN is just so much better. All my stuff is DIN and will continue to be DIN.

2) Why LDS'es sell tanks that they can't or won't fill to full pressure.

It is about the market supply and demand. This subject has been coverd this board.
You can have many insighs incluidng mine. U.S. is the most poplular place for a Yoke rather than any other countries.

Derek S:
Frankly, I don't understand 2 things:

1) Why yoke is even used. It's an inferior connection and DIN is just so much better. All my stuff is DIN and will continue to be DIN.

2) Why LDS'es sell tanks that they can't or won't fill to full pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom