E8 tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phillydiver:
Iam seriously considering buying E8 tanks but wondering if shops do really fill them to 3442 psi oand if the din'yoke valve is really compatible with a fill of 3442 -it seemed like the valve is 200 bar which is contrary to a 3442 fill. thanks

I got my E8 130 filled a few weeks ago. 3700 or so when warm and 3500 cool. Dudas' Diving Duds is top notch.

As for a yoke being able to handle the pressure, I believe most modern yokes can take it. I know my Atomic 1st stage yoke is rated for it. However I am switching to DIN anyway simply because I like it better.

We fill them up to full. We overfill them a bit to allow for cooling and we fill them submerged in water but we send them out with a full fill.

Then again I use mine with a din, no adapter.

Here is my story about PST tank, DIN, and Yoke valves. I dove with my GF by using the same 130 CF tank each all the times. My SP reg is DIN MK25 (only two months old). My GF reg. is Apeks ATX100 yoke. I have my DIN valve failed right before the dive. The inner O-rings was blown out. But, my GF's Apeks yoke doesn't have any single failure so far. I have worried about HP on a Yoke valve, but I don't see any problem based on my experiences.

hoosier:
Here is my story about PST tank, DIN, and Yoke valves. I dove with my GF by using the same 130 CF tank each all the times. My SP reg is DIN MK25 (only two months old). My GF reg. is Apeks ATX100 yoke. I have my DIN valve failed right before the dive. The inner O-rings was blown out. But, my GF's Apeks yoke doesn't have any single failure so far. I have worried about HP on a Yoke valve, but I don't see any problem based on my experiences.

used both din and yoke on my e7's with no problems, although i much prefer din..

the first fill i got with my double E8-130s cooled off to 3800 psi. it helps when its the owner of the shop doing the fills and he's easily distracted by conversation... unfortunately that, and the hot fill of O2 made it 28% instead of 32%, but it was all good...

typically around here, you get 3200 if you're impatiently hover around them for your tanks to rush off to the dive site and don't let them top off, while you'll get 3500 if you leave it for a few hours and have them top before they hand 'em to you...

i don't really understand why there's any debate over buying low pressure vs. high pressure tanks. buy the high pressure tank. if you can't get 3500 psi fills in your area, size the high pressure tank to whatever the typical fill pressure is and whever your desired amount of gas is...

stop thinking of the glass as half empty, but half full...

Yeah, I agree with you. I prefer DIN. But, it so happened.

mossym:
used both din and yoke on my e7's with no problems, although i much prefer din..

My shop has No problem filling them to 3442. Have your LDS put the tanks in cold water when they fill them. A way better fill happens then. But i usually fill the steels to around 3700. But they settle to a little above the rated pressure like around 3550 ish.

And the Valves... Are Awesome.

Huge discussion of yoke DIN issue here.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=101354
Most of the shops around me are getting heavily into the E series tanks, so they are aware of what it takes to get a good fill. I've got some "Mid" Pressure AL 100s (3300) and yo just have to make sure that the person filling realizes what pressure they need. I ussually get mine filled to 3500-3600 which cools down just right.

hoosier:

Did the valve or the regulator connection fail?

We had our new gear and were out to make our first post certification dive when my wife's new set-up leaked during set-up. It was venting through the little hole in the valve body. Turns out the connector was not tightened right internally at the factory and the O-ring was dry. The shop squared it way and it's been OK since. He went in and did mine as well as a precaution. It was a bummer to call that dive for a failure of a concealed oring that I would not have had with a yoke adapter. I understand that this is not a common failure as long as that o-ring gets service annualy. When I get a generous fill on one of my E7-80's I'm glad it's din connection behind my head.

Pete

Pete,

Check out this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=101382

spectrum:
Did the valve or the regulator connection fail?

We had our new gear and were out to make our first post certification dive when my wife's new set-up leaked during set-up. It was venting through the little hole in the valve body. Turns out the connector was not tightened right internally at the factory and the O-ring was dry. The shop squared it way and it's been OK since. He went in and did mine as well as a precaution. It was a bummer to call that dive for a failure of a concealed oring that I would not have had with a yoke adapter. I understand that this is not a common failure as long as that o-ring gets service annualy. When I get a generous fill on one of my E7-80's I'm glad it's din connection behind my head.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom