E/O Plug 'Lock'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

InWay2Deep

Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this so starting here. Does anyone know of a way to lock or secure the EO plug during a dive? I have one on my Dry Suit and every damn time that thing will get pulled out and then I get cold during the dive and have to stop and plug it back in, not being able to see it makes the task just that much more fun, in dry gloves, etc. KISS has a nice little locking ring for the 4-pin connector, looking for something like that but for an E/O cord. I solved this on my light head with some shrink wrap but I need the ability to plug/unplug the dry suit heater.

Thanks

I also had the same problem and searching for a solution. I was thinking to paint the rubber on the pins with flex Seal. What do you think of this idea?

like a tiny line on one side with a brush, to make it thicker and hold better. I was thinking about doing that.

Is disconnection preferred to dislodging, or do the people give you the option of buying an extra 4 inches
so you can route it less clumsily and yet retain the unpugging when snagged safety from spending option

I have this happen occasionally and appreciate how much of an arse it can be,
About the time I got pretty good at reattaching it one handed I did start thinking about creating a simple elastic (bungee) restraint, so that it could be pulled apart if needed in unforeseen circumstances but would fight the plug being disconnected, a simple tagline tied over the bungee to housing on one half and a toggle or notch to locate on the opposite one I’m sure would suffice.
Just an idea.

I have this happen occasionally and appreciate how much of an arse it can be,
About the time I got pretty good at reattaching it one handed I did start thinking about creating a simple elastic (bungee) restraint, so that it could be pulled apart if needed in unforeseen circumstances but would fight the plug being disconnected, a simple tagline tied over the bungee to housing on one half and a toggle or notch to locate on the opposite one I’m sure would suffice.
Just an idea.

Yea, using bungee is one idea I had, guess I should get tying and see if I can make something work. Taping it each time is also an option someone mentioned and I might try that first.

Yea, using bungee is one idea I had, guess I should get tying and see if I can make something work. Taping it each time is also an option someone mentioned and I might try that first.
I always tape it if I’m just using a blank btw just to stop water ingress on the connectors,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom