E-mail Scam. Cool!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got my e-mails today.

I also found this:

Date: Sun, November 25, 2007 8:38 pm
Subject: Garmin GPSMAP 296

Esteemed Mr/Mrs. ...

On the behalf of Winko Pte Ltd Branches in Singapore I would like to deal a
bussiness arrangement to your company, we sincere would like you to
provide us #10 (ten) unit of Garmin GPSMAP 296 (Part Number: 010-00356-51).

Where we seriously will order from you. But first off all would you please
Esteemed Mr/Mrs explain us some of this points bellow:

1. I would like to know your Shipping Range and can it reach to Singapore ?
2. Do you accept visa and mastercard for the payment?
3. Could you ship it Via UPS Express or Fedex International priority ?

I'm looking forward to have your replies on the earliest time, and could
you reply to the current e-mail address. Our sincere appreciation and
thank's for your co-operation & support.

Sincerely yours,
William Lee

The above resulted in a credit card scam.

Same kind of email. He sent me a credit card number to pay for the order, but I haven't had time to do anything else yet.

I just got an e-mail from Regions Bank that says that I need an account audit. If I send them my account number and password they will credit $20 to my account. The problem is that I don't have a Regions account...

Dang! Missed out again!

I just got an e-mail from Regions Bank that says that I need an account audit. If I send them my account number and password they will credit $20 to my account. The problem is that I don't have a Regions account...

Dang! Missed out again!

just make up an account number and password and send it to them. At least it'll suck up some of their time and take away from actually getting money from someone who innocently doesn't know any better.....

We had this telemarketer group that kept calling. When they'd call, I'd say "can you hold on a minute?" and set the phone down. After a minute or so I'd go back and say "hold on just one more minute", then a minute or two later, "almost done, hold one just one more second..."

then, finally, I'd say, "Alright, now I'm done..... I figure I made you waist about 5 minutes which is what your goal is to do pestering me to buy your product. Now do you really want to talk to me now to sell me something or what?" Oddly, they'd usually just hang up. :rofl3:

I work on an Air Force Base. We were having an inspection to see if the inspection team could break into our networks. I went to work and there was a notice on the guard shack at the gate that said "Do not open an e-mail with subject line "whatever". There is a large Marquee along the main road and the sign in bright red letters echoed the guard shack sign. I parked and headed into the building. On each doorway that I had to pass through to my job the same message was displayed. Then I logged into my computer and a large banner flashed on my screen. "Do not open an e-mail with the subject line whatever!"

Three-hundred people opened that message that morning. And responded with their username and password.

Sheesh! They public ain't trainable and scammers will always get some sucker to take the bait.

Back
Top Bottom