E-119 (Pro's - Con's)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I did a cost/comfort/trim/extra bottom time based on my SAC and average dive depth - analysis on the two tanks and have decided upon the 119.

Thanx for all the input guys !!! Except for Pug who is getting old and doddering like me and can't remember what tanks he's dived . . . poor old soul!

Safe dives . . .
safer ascents !

E8-119's ... I own three of 'em. Two are doubled up, I dive the other as a single.

For singles, they trim out nicely ... I dive mine interchangeably with my Faber LP-95's and there's no noticeable trim difference.

For doubles, they can be a bit head-heavy ... but that's probably because I've been diving them with a 9-lb SS backplate. I'm gonna be switching over to an AL plate shortly and moving the difference in weight to a belt.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

jonnythan:
Everyone convinced me not to get them as they're too short to trim out properly.

Someone else on the board likened the 119's to the not so cute girl you hit up on prom night then dumped, whereas the 130's are the prom queen who loves you forever.
jonnythan,

I own 3 of the 130s (also known as 104's) and 2 of the 95s (othewise known as 119's). I love my 130's for singles but chose the 95's for my doubles due to the smaller size, although, I may in the future double up a couple of my 130's, who knows.

May I suggest limiting comments strictly to subjects of which you have personal experience, rather than repeating what other's on the internet have provided? It is very possible to misquote someone thereby not providing a clear and complete answer to someone's question.

Quarrior:
May I suggest limiting comments strictly to subjects of which you have personal experience, rather than repeating what other's on the internet have provided? It is very possible to misquote someone thereby not providing a clear and complete answer to someone's question.

Who said I got that advice on the internet? I do dive with people occasionally :wink:

The E tanks are high pressure tanks. Any tank requiring 3400+psi to reach its rated capacity is HP. Get a LP tank. You can easily get 115cuft in a LP95 but you would be hard pressed to overfill a tank that operates at 3400+ and likely to get a lot less.

The 130's are massive and you can get more air in a LP104 with less pressure.

Trim is about gear setup - learn it.

OK, I've made my decision. This thread can die now.

FWIW, the guys I have been diving with a lot recently have all recommended the 130s above the 119s, so it's not advice I learned on the internet. I was just passing it along since they're not very active on the board and they generally know what they're talking about.

Pug... maybe living closer to water? Closest decent diving is 4 hours away from my house, but I've been getting out a good bit this year. I dive every chance I get.

msandler:
The E tanks are high pressure tanks. Any tank requiring 3400+psi to reach its rated capacity is HP. Get a LP tank. You can easily get 115cuft in a LP95 but you would be hard pressed to overfill a tank that operates at 3400+ and likely to get a lot less.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you effectively have to fill an LP95 to 3200 to make it a 115 cuft tank? So why go with an LP tank when you can get the same mileage without overfilling it?

A 130 is the same tank as LP104 just with a higher psi rating? Not sure how you can get more air in a LP104 with less pressure.

msandler:

What's the difference between taking a 2400 psi tank and overfilling it to 3400 psi and just giving that same tank a 3400 psi rating?

You can no longer overfill it?

The old Lp95 and new E8119 are almost identical, save for the rating. What's the problem?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom