E-119 (Pro's - Con's)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, Pug, ball's in your court. If you had your choice, which tank would YOU buy.
Just remember, if I follow your adivce and am not happy, IT"S ALL YOUR FAULT ! ! ! !

You already received excellent advice in SnowBear and OE2X posts.... I know them both... they are both great divers and have the actual experience to back up their posts.

Oh, Pug, I am sooooooo disappointed . . .
. . . you old bubble blowing weenie, you . . .

Understood . . .

I have a pair of E8-119 singles. I second the observation that it is nice to have a high-capacity tank you can sit with. Never really understood the trim problem comments. Just adjust a little more each dive untill balanced. It is nice to not be the first one to have to surface when with a group but at the same time it does not force development of efficient air consumption skills.

The only shortcoming I have run into is that it is sometimes hard to get a full fill from a shop that has banked EAN36. They have to hammer it with clean air hence diluting it to more like EAN32. Another shop that does partial pressure doesn't seem to have a problem. Oh, one other thing, if you normally bring your own, most dive boats don't have holder arms for 8" tanks. Usually not a serious problem, though.

The Kraken:
OK, Pug, ball's in your court. If you had your choice, which tank would YOU buy.
Just remember, if I follow your adivce and am not happy, IT"S ALL YOUR FAULT ! ! ! !

Pugs SAC is so low that he could dive a Fosters can with 100 psi and still get an hour out of it. I'd be careful if he gives you advice on using a small tank
:wink:

It's fun to watch him exhale. It's about equal to when I dump a bit of gas out of my wing and almost as frequently :D

I own both types and like both. As Snowbear mentioned, you learn to compensate and dive the tank you are using.

If I had to only dive one, I would buy the E8-119. Because of the reduced size compared to the E8-130.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom