Dutch Springs - First Impressions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pics also. What camera do you use.

Thanks! These are a mix between my last system (Canon EOS 10D, Ikelite housing, single DS-125 strobe) and my new system (Canon EOS 7D, Nauticam housing, dual Inon S2000 strobes).

To get the thread back to the original...
One very good reason for visiting Dutch Springs (and I just bought the three year pass) is:
This is where my rebreather instructor teaches.
A second/third:
It is a relatively calm environment to practice your skills and during the week is not very crowded.

Dutch is a great place to check out equipment or as quick refresher after not diving for six months. It is a little boring but the platforms and other attractions are helpful. You can really get a lot of fine tuning done. Two of us went on a Wednesday a couple of weeks back and had the place to ourselves. Seemed like around 10 people in the whole place. The visibility was incredible! The prices have gotten a little high especially if you have someone that is just bubble watching.

Great video doctormike. Looks like great visibility there. Suppose to go to Willow Springs for Labor Day weekend. I don't think the visibility is quite the same.

Great video doctormike. Looks like great visibility there. Suppose to go to Willow Springs for Labor Day weekend. I don't think the visibility is quite the same.

Thanks! I don't know Willow Springs, but Dutch can have quite good vis at times. One of the best days to go is New Year's Eve day, when they open for a few hours. Water temps at depth are pretty much the same year round, and it's fun diving in the snow!

New Year's 2008

New Year's 2009

Is this Justin Bates?

967570965_cX8xc-L.jpg

He completed a PDIC instructor course with me after GUE-F, TDI Advanced Nitrox/Deco, PDIC Solo and NSS-CDS cave in sidemount.

Is this Justin Bates?

967570965_cX8xc-L.jpg

He completed a PDIC instructor course with me after GUE-F, TDI Advanced Nitrox/Deco, PDIC Solo and NSS-CDS cave in sidemount.

Yup, that's Justin...

We had stopped at Lehigh Valley on the way to Dutch on 8/8 (Newby day for the Sea Gypsies) and you set him up with some tanks... This shot is from that day.

Thanks for your detailed post on why Dutch is great...! I still think that the OP was trolling a bit, but it's good to have all those reasons together in one essay for future reference.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom