Dutch Springs dive Buddy needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey MikeNY,

I also went to DS last Saturday (dove with Hooked4life) and experienced some really great weather and decent dive conditions. We got down to about 60 ft. and you're right it was pretty chilly (but really only on my face). I was wearing a 7mm full suit, 7mm hood and 5mm gloves and had no problems with the cold. We did 2 dives with a 2hr. SI between dives.
Going to dive again with hooked4life on 7/27. Check out his website. He has taken some great pictures he has posted there.

Send an e-mail to Charles firtion at ghost.diver@verizon.net. Ask him to include you on his e-mail list for upcoming trips.

We are out at Dutch Springs all throughout the year and always welcome new divers to come along.

Charlie is a great source of info and a laugh a minute when not in the water. He is also a PADI/TDI-SDI instructor and runs boat trips out of Pt. Pleasant a few times a year.

Might be there this Sunday, the 27th. Let me know if ya need a buddy then.

Hey Diverjed,

I'm planning on diving this Saturday (7/26) with Hooked4Life. However, if plans change and it ends up happening on Sunday (due to weather, etc.) I'll let you know. :)

Thanks,
ScubaBob123

I'll be on the Peninsula side doing my Advanced OW with Elite Divers from Rockaway, NJ Come on over and say hi, I would like to meet some of the regulars. We'll be doing night dives also.

Will do. I got my O.W. cert. last year thru Elite Divers. I'll definately stop over Saturday to say hello.
:)

scubabob123 once bubbled...
Hey Diverjed,

I'm planning on diving this Saturday (7/26) with Hooked4Life. However, if plans change and it ends up happening on Sunday (due to weather, etc.) I'll let you know. :)

Thanks,
ScubaBob123

I may be there Saturday as well, depending on my Sunday plans.

I'll let you know and maybe we can hook up.

I'm in the same boat as the original poster only with much less experience. I just finished my PADI OW at Dutch Springs. If anyone is willing to put up with doing some reasonably shallow dives with a newbie let me know. Also I could probably take a day off from work to go there on a weekday if anyone wants to do that.

Hi All. Anyone wanting to dive weekdays, give me a shout a day or so ahead of time - I work there, and get off at 4:00pm most days. That would give us at least enough time to get 1 dive in.
And we usually have a few people there for a Wednesday night dive (please email be before heading out Wed night - make sure the dive's still on)
noc@500psi.com

Dave Reiger
:wacko:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom