Dutch Springs 22 February 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BILLB

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am sitting here in Huntsville, AL. wishing I was someone else. How about Dutch Springs?

The weather looks warmer and maybe Dawgpaddle can fly over it later this week for an update (and if he is a REAL diver he can crash the airplane into the lake for a new dive site).

I had to cancel my OW class this weekend due to a back spasm (that is why I am still in Alabama) so I will have to move the classes back a week and 21 Feb. is the last session. I really wanted to dive both days!

As usual, meet me at the gate at 9:45 AM and PM me ahead of time. If you need any thing to help you dive let me know. If I do not own it I will furnish it at cost.

Hey BillB, Say hi to all my inlaws down yonder please.

Uhm, Penelope (my lil plane)doesn't swim well, but I'll be flying up that way either today or midweek and will give a PIREP (pilot report), oops DIVEREP, on the status of Dutch. I'll bring along a camera and post the results.

While you're down thar, try out the pickled pigs feet, grits, & boiled peanuts. If you can find a "soul food" joint, I think you'll be quite impressed. Best cookin' anywhere! Honest Abe.

I'll be diving Sunday with you, but can't on Saturday due to scheduled flying.

Be Particular!

Dawgpaddle,
Actually, I am staying across the street from the Dreamland BBQ. If you have not had (or smelled) this stuff, you are missing a treat.

BILLB:
As usual, meet me at the gate at 9:45 AM and PM me ahead of time.

I'd like to dive with you as well, both days if my schedule holds out.

I'd like to be there too if I recover from the flu in time. I did my Ice Diving Cert this past weekend, so the cold doesn't scary me anymore!

Where did you do dives at Vadim? Cool stuff,ain't it? Ice Diving rocks!

Does anyone know if TSC is going to be there again?
Dive Junkie, you gonna let us share that tent again?

If not, I have a small canopy with some wall panels, and I can bring a small electric heater.

I'll of course bring the monster cooler of hot water again either way!

Thanks Gunszer. I have a shelter too and a propane heater. Electricity is hard to come by at Dutch.

To clear up any confusion, I will be diving on 22 Feb. only. I have an obligation to finish an OW class on 21 Feb.

Cool that will work out much better. I have a car adaptor, but this way I don't have to worry about killing my battery.

I'll be ther on Sunday then.

Back
Top Bottom