Dunedin Reef Cleanup (23-June-2012)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have to postpone the cleanup scheduled for this weekend because of the weather. We hope to reschedule it in 2-3 weeks and will let you know as soon as a date is set.

Thanks!

Dave

We have to postpone the cleanup scheduled for this weekend because of the weather. We hope to reschedule it in 2-3 weeks and will let you know as soon as a date is set.

Thanks!

Dave

I'm relifed it's being post pone. It will increase my chance of making it.

DIVERS:
If you need a spot on a boat, please e-mail cleanup@reefmonitoring.org and you will be placed on our registration list. We are starting to get some boats coming in so feel free to do this as soon as possible to get your spot on the list! When a spot on a boat is available to you, we will contact you to complete the registration process!

BOAT OWNERS:
Please let us know as soon as possible if you are able to take out any additional divers on your boat! There will be reimbursement for boat owners/operators in the form of fuel/gift cards that take out at least 2 registered participants.

More details are here:
Reef Monitoring

Thanks,
Dave

Has this been rescheduled yet?

Yes, it's now 14-July. Those registered for the original 23-June event were sent notices by email last weekend. Hope to see you there!

Dave

Yes, it's now 14-July. Those registered for the original 23-June event were sent notices by email last weekend. Hope to see you there!

Dave
I registered by mail and included a check for the $10. But I did not receive an email letting me know of the rescheduling.....???? Can you confirm that you show me on the list??

I registered by mail and included a check for the $10. But I did not receive an email letting me know of the rescheduling.....???? Can you confirm that you show me on the list??

Okay, send me your name and email address via PM and I'll check.

Dave

Thanks to everyone who helped with yesterday's cleanup of Clearwater Reef. We recovered more than 1100 lbs of marine debris! This, despite the visibility was only about 5'. I thought it made for a more interesting dive adding to the challenge of keeping up with your buddy while searching for trash. Thanks to the contributions from our donors and sponsors we gave away lots of raffle prizes this time. Here's a shot of a couple of divers who won raffle prizes, the Deep Outdoors BC was donated by Tackle Shack and the sand sculpture was provided by The Pier Aquarium.

Dave

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342355834.034391.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1342355853.261467.jpg

Thanks to everyone who helped with yesterday's cleanup of Clearwater Reef. We recovered more than 1100 lbs of marine debris! This, despite the visibility was only about 5'. I thought it made for a more interesting dive adding to the challenge of keeping up with your buddy while searching for trash. Thanks to the contributions from our donors and sponsors we gave away lots of raffle prizes this time. Here's a shot of a couple of divers who won raffle prizes, the Deep Outdoors BC was donated by Tackle Shack and the sand sculpture was provided by The Pier Aquarium.

Dave

View attachment 129658View attachment 129659
It was my first time doing this. I had a great time and would like to participate again. Next year I would like to have my company to help sponsor this. Please pm with the with sponsoring information when you can. Thanks again.

It was my first time doing this. I had a great time and would like to participate again. Next year I would like to have my company to help sponsor this. Please pm with the with sponsoring information when you can. Thanks again.

If you're interested in sponsoring our next reef cleanup or any of our ongoing research activities, please contact us at:

Reef Monitoring
sponsorship@reefmonitoring.org
727-259-7404

More information on the research projects Reef Monitoring, Inc. is involved with is here:

CarlosDMonzon's channel - YouTube
Reef Monitoring
Reef Monitoring

More information on the beautiful natural and artificial reefs located
just off the coast of Pinellas County can be found here:

Reef Monitoring
Reef Monitoring
Reef Monitoring
Reef Monitoring
Reef Monitoring

Reef Monitoring Inc. is dedicated to provide educational programs, care
for and improve Florida's valuable reef and estuarine ecosystems, to
advance sustainable communities, to help build institutional ability,
and to gain broad-based public support for ongoing marine conservation,
habitat enhancement, research and education programs.

Thanks,
Dave

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom