Dunedin Reef Cleanup (23-June-2012)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loquat149

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Reef Monitoring, Inc. is organizing another reef cleanup on Saturday June 23rd, 2012 at the new Clearwater Harbor Marina. Divers will meet at the marina at 8:00 am. Boat owners can launch at the Seminole Boat Ramp and then tie up at the outer floating docks of the marina. Registration includes an event t-shirt and a catered lunch and there will be raffle prizes for the dive teams that recover the most marine debris.

More information is here:
Reef Monitoring

We always have a blast at these events, as you can see from the videos of our previous cleanups:
Clearwater Artificial Reef cleanup. September 24, 2011 - YouTube
Dunedin Artificial Reef clean up 2011 - YouTube
CarlosDMonzon - YouTube

Please visit our website for more details and get information on how to participate as a corporate sponsor.

We really need help from boat owners this year. If you can provide space on your boat for a couple of additional divers (or more!) please let us know immediately.

Contact us at:
727.259.7404 or cleanup@reefmonitoring.org

This year we're coordinating our event with a Beach Cleanup organized by the St. Petersburg College's Science & Adventure Club (SAC). This is a great way for non-divers to get involved, too. More details on the beach cleanup will be posted on our website shortly.

Hope to see you there!

Dave

DIVERS:
If you need a spot on a boat, please e-mail cleanup@reefmonitoring.org and you will be placed on our registration list. We are starting to get some boats coming in so feel free to do this as soon as possible to get your spot on the list! When a spot on a boat is available to you, we will contact you to complete the registration process!

BOAT OWNERS:
Please let us know as soon as possible if you are able to take out any additional divers on your boat! There will be reimbursement for boat owners/operators in the form of fuel/gift cards that take out at least 2 registered participants.

More details are here:
Reef Monitoring

Thanks,
Dave

Can you please provide the exact address to the Clearwater Marina? I'm not familiar with it's location. Thank you.

There's still time register for next week's Reef Cleanup. Ten bucks gets you on a dive boat, an event t-shirt, one raffle ticket, and a catered lunch served by Hooters. Visit our website today and sign up:

Reef Monitoring

New this year is a separate raffle for a custom made t-shirt quilt. A local Florida business, Cape Haze Quilting, has donated a t-shirt quilt to Reef Monitoring to be raffled off. You provide them with YOUR old t-shirts and they make them into a quilt. Click here to see an example of one made out of some old dive t-shirts:

Reef Monitoring

You don't need to be present to win or even participate in the clean-up! The raffle is open to anyone and 100% of the proceeds go directly towards sponsoring Reef Monitoring's research efforts.

Dave

---------- Post added ----------

Can you please provide the exact address to the Clearwater Marina? I'm not familiar with it's location. Thank you.

Yes, the address is:
Clearwater Harbor Marina
210 Drew St. Clearwater, FL 33755

Directions (by land and by sea) are here:

Reef Monitoring

Dave

I mailed my registration yesterday. But still need the address to the Marina or directions from Tampa.

Thanks.

---------- Post added ----------

Can't wait to be there,

More details on the beach portion of our upcoming cleanup. Please pass along to your non-diving friends:

Our beach cleanup next Saturday (June 23rd) will target the north side of Dunedin Causeway in Clearwater, FL. Your $10 registration fee includes a t-shirt, one raffle ticket, and lunch served by Hooters girls. More information is on our website:
Reef Monitoring.

Video from our last cleanup is here:
Clearwater Artificial Reef cleanup. September 24, 2011 - YouTube

Attachments

• beachcleanup.jpg
    beachcleanup.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 717
I already sent my $10 payment. But things are looking like I'm not going to make it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom