Dump Valve Doo-hickey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok - dumn question maybe...but I had a toggle (term for the do-hickey thing) rip right off my new bcd. I guess this is a blessing in disguise?? Would you recommend to just tie knots on all dump valve ropes? Thanks, newbie

Obviously, DIR intelligence service in cooperation with DIR police recognized somehow that you were not DIR and decided to ship you non-DIR version of wing :D

:rofl3:

So much for the ol' "you have to buy the blue H stuff to be DIR" meme.

The feedback has been quite positive.
I love mine (retrofit on an older DSS wing)! :D

John

I love my Agir wing. Needed nothing done to it other than buying it.

Obviously, DIR intelligence service in cooperation with DIR police recognized somehow that you were not DIR and decided to ship you non-DIR version of wing :D

:rofl3::rofl3:

Not so much GUE but more GU-ish (funny, he doesn't look GU-ish).

Well, having not heard back from Halcyon since yesterday I decided to go ahead with the modification. I had my trusty scissors ready in case the knot gave me too much trouble. To my surprise it came loose with barely a touch. I think I could have untied it with a firm glance. It wasn't even melted. I suspect they wanted the thing taken off.

I tied off the knot, relishing the extra 2mm of cord and melted it securely in place. I feel a whole lot safer now.

Shame on you Halcyon for putting out something so dangerous without even a warning to remove it in order to be DIR compliant.

:rofl3:

So much for the ol' "you have to buy the blue H stuff to be DIR" meme.

I think you have to be given a set of gray H stuff by JJ himself to be "DIR" nowadays...

K, today I received an email from Halcyon explaining the "Fob";

- This is a requirement for meeting CE standard for this type of product, particularly in the UK
- They were told that many recreational divers were confused by the lack of a "ball" on their BC dump valve.

They receive the OPVs with the fob and remove many but do leave some on (for units going to the UK for example). DIR divers who receive these units (like me) can choose to leave or remove them.

Sounds good to me! Thanks Halcyon!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom