Dump button spring AIR 2 3rd Gen.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildturk

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Was diving yesterday and found quickly after i herd a snap that my dump button spring snapped in 2 on my AIR 2 3rd gen..... now my bc will not hold air as there is not enough pressure to hold the seal. Is there anyway to get a replacement?

Being that it's scubapro and a regulator my money is on them not selling parts directly to end users. You will likely have to take it in to a dive shop that services scubapro or mail it off somewhere. Or get it from ebay.

Parts like this are available to your local SP shop. Springs are usually only found to be faulty when they fail and are not normally replaced during regular service.

I will not be surprised if you are able to just find someone to simply replace this spring cheap. Opening that part will give you an idea how the rest of the unit looks.

Eh my shop wont replace it without them doing an annual and it was just done in Jan. Looked on ebay can't find the spring on there. Thanks though for the reply's

Try another shop. The annual in January should show in the SP system. This would be a very minimal fee fix.

Where are you?

That would be an easy warranty replacement. Even if you were buying the spring outright it would be a buck and a half. We're a Scubapro dealer and I'll replace it for free for you. If course on the one hand you'd need to come to St. Croix to get it done but on the other hand we could also set you up with some world class scuba diving while you were here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom