Dumb Laws Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_chick55:
7. It is illegal to detonate any nuclear weapon. You can have them, but you just can't detonate them.
Oh Wow!

i gotta move :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Wildbill:
And If you don't pay the fine you'll get a arrested.......Really :11:

I once had to take a guy into custody during a traffic stop for a warrant out of Monroe Co. (keys) issued by the (then) Florida Marine Patrol for "failure to display a dive flag" :06:

So if you get caught in the Keys without a flag you had better pay the fine or you could be embarrased later on. Especially when you have to tell the other inmates what your in for. :wink:

Wildbill:cop_2:

On a traffic stop, I once picked up a guy for failure to appear on fishing without a license. I felt really bad since he was on the way to propose to his girlfriend, instead she was going to have to bail him out of jail.

In Lakefield, Ontario it was (and may still be) illegal for a bird to sing after sunset.

I once had a friend write a ticket for failure to wave with all five fingers :biggrin2:

In Canada....

You can't drag a dead horse down Yonge St. in Toronto on a Sunday.

Section 331 of the Canadian Criminal Code states that it is illegal to send a telegram or letter threatening a bird.

In Canada, it is illegal to kill a sick person by frightening them.

In British Columbia, it is illegal to kill a sasquatch.

scubagirl15:
In Canada....

Section 331 of the Canadian Criminal Code states that it is illegal to send a telegram or letter threatening a bird.

email ok? :wink:

Hi,
Earlier, someone asked why there were all the elephant laws...

The reason is because of circuses - especially in Florida. Barnam and Bailey Circus was based in Florida. So they had a lot of laws enacted that applied to elephants. I even heard one that stated that it was illegal for elephants to pull a plow.

Earlier, someone said it was illegal to carry conceled wire cutters in Texas. The penalty was death. Understandable. That is what a cattle russler would be carrying and the penalty for catle russling was death.

Some laws are indeed stupid. But some were passed because it was the only way to prevent an objectionable activity. They just never got removed.

Just an observation.

I'll go home now.

Parrothead_Diver:
California Penal Code 597. Cruelty to an animal, Misdemeanor.

California Penal Code 596.5. Cruelty to an Elephant, Misdemeanor.

Am I missing something, or isn't an elephant an animal?
Hoya97:
Hi,
Earlier, someone asked why there were all the elephant laws...

The reason is because of circuses - especially in Florida. Barnam and Bailey Circus was based in Florida. So they had a lot of laws enacted that applied to elephants. I even heard one that stated that it was illegal for elephants to pull a plow.

I originally thought the same thing... But CPC 596.5 was only passed in 1984...

It has already been said, but since I am currently within the city of chico, ca city limits, if i detonate a nuclear device, i will get a $500 fine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom