Dumb Laws Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jazscam

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any dumb, outdated or just plan stupid laws?

For instance, did you know in Texas it's illegal to conceal a six foot or longer weapon.

Or, in Pittsburgh it is illegal for a monkey to smoke for commercial pruposes.

Just looking to see how many exist.

J

When I was growing up in Tucson in the 70's there was a law on the books that required a watering trough for horses every hundred yards.

In Abilene TX there's a law that prevent any liquor selling establishment with 100 yards of a church. Not only that, if a store is in place and a church opens up, the store must move or close.

In Idaho every one being released from the State Pen is entitled to a horse, $20 in gold, and a gun.

Quarrior:
When I was growing up in Tucson in the 70's there was a law on the books that required a watering trough for horses every hundred yards.

In Abilene TX there's a law that prevent any liquor selling establishment with 100 yards of a church. Not only that, if a store is in place and a church opens up, the store must move or close.

In Texas, it is illegal to have sex with a fish. In Florida, it is illegal to get a fish drunk. North Carolina thought both laws were good, so in NC it is illegal to have sex with a drunk fish.

Now, I haven't tried having sex with a fish, but I did get one drunk one time. Thank goodness I wasn't in FL at the time. The fish and I jumped on American Airlines and flew to Dallas. It's all about the laws and borders, man. Besides, that fish was a Damsel, and she was 21.

Various other Stupid California Laws:

It is illegal to eat an orange in your bath tub.

Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.

It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.

No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.

Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits of Chico results in a $500 fine.

In Denver it is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor.

In Marshalltown, Iowa, horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants.

Hunting camels is prohibited in Arizona

In California Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.

The Arkansas River can rise no higher than to the Main Street bridge in Little RockFlirtation between men and women on the streets of Little Rock may result in a 30-day jail term.

In Ohio, if you ignore an orator on Decoration day to such an extent as to publicly play croquet or pitch horseshoes within one mile of the speaker's stand, you can be fined $25.00.In Devon, Connecticut, it is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset.

There is a law on the books of TENNESSEE that says a man must run in front of a vehicle that a woman is driving, and, that the car may not go faster than five miles an hour!

Here's a whole lot. Check um out.
http://www.ahajokes.com/stupid_laws.html

No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour In California

Chico, California

Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.

LOS ANGELES, CA

Toads may not be licked.

You may not hunt moths under a street light.

It is a crime for dogs to mate within 500 yards of a church. Breaking this law is punishable by a fine of $500 and/or six months in prison.

You cannot bathe two babies in the same tub at the same time.

Zoot suits are prohibited.

It is illegal to cry on the witness stand.

It is illegal for a man to beat his wife with a strap wider than 2 inches without her consent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom