DUI's New Zipper - QuickZip (TM)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring once bubbled...
I checked it out and their prices are pretty reasonable.. I actually think I would fit well into a stock medium. Can they do double layer stuff?

I'm not sure. I'd send some email to them and see what's what. The price for DUI's 300G is *outrageous*. Luckily, my local dealer cut us a deal for my wife's when I got my drysuit.

I am looking for something I can take down to at least the 50's - comparable to DUI 300S or 400G or Andy's US 140.

I was hoping to get something like that as well. I *may* end up buying some microfleece underwear and using that as a layer underneath my setup. I can get a two-piece set of the good stuff for around $70-80 at a local sporting goods store, but it's not quite as nice as having everything bundled as one unit. (However, I have to admit, it may be more flexible as I used my one-piece setup this summer in 70 degree water and it worked *great*, not too warm at all.)

If you want total flexibility, you may have to layer. Unfortunately for me, *most* of my diving is in colder water, so I'd have given up the ability to dive my suit in warm water (and going in a t-shirt and shorts) in exchange for not having the hassle of having to mess with it during the majority of the dive season (ie; cold water).

RockBoots
I didn't miss them, I just thought that uhhh... well.... that I knew better and that I could make them work.

I ended up with Turtles as well. I'll be curious to find out what you think of the new DUI. I really like my CLx450, but I find it *very* hard to reach the valves (the suit binds because of the way the telescoping torso works), and the auto-dumper doesn't work as well as I'd like. My wife has an older suit, and her dump works way better than mine. I sent it back to DUI, and they replaced the valve (it works better now), but it's still not as nice as I'd like it to be.

Nate

Is that UP and Shane on the home page of the website???
I don't think those hats are DIR either...

UP convinced me to get the fleece setup vs. the Thinsulate. I am very glad he did that, since I find the care/maintenance of fleece is *way* easier than messing with Thinsulate. Even GI3 mentions that on his *really* long dives, he uses brand-new stuff, and not any of the older stuff. I imagine the thinsulate tends to get pretty stinky, since care of it is much more difficult.

With the polar fleece, you just pop it into the washer after a hot and sweaty dive, and viola, it's clean and ready to go again. Plus, the flexibility of the fleece vs. the thinsulate is awesome. There are not 'cut' issues that can cause binding like in the thinsulate.

I think fleece is a much better way to go for 'everyday' diving, although I suspect thinsulate is probably a better solution. However, the upsides of cut/fit and care/maintainance of the fleece make it a much better solution for most people.

Nate

O-ring once bubbled...
I don't think those hats are DIR either...
I'll have you know I am wearing an official 5thD dive team hat made in Bangladesh by KC Caps and imported by none other than Head Shots!

So there!

But we do have the warm polartec head socks with ear flaps for those days when we actually go outside. :D

...thanks guys. Had the drysuit in the water for 2 more dives today...this time with the turtles and the undergarments from Tj's Softwear. Everything performed flawlessly...below the second thermocline in the quarry (Millbrook) at 73' it was 59 degrees. I went with the one-piece 300 weight Polartec and I couldn't have been happier. Shoot, I was even able to reach my valves to turn my gas back on when my buddy turned it off...

Thanks again..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom