DUI's New Zipper - QuickZip (TM)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish my damn suit would get here so I could try it...it looks better than it sounded on the phone with DUI and Halcyon when I talked to them.

Well when that hole on my wetsuit from the harness rubbing on it finally wears through... I might have to drop some more $$$... just as a Flex 50/50 in my size came up on eBay too.

Ok I have to know since I am new to diving and I want to buy a dry suit some time soon. What would be the difference having a dump on your forearm or on the shoulder?

O-ring once bubbled...
We will be among the first to have it if we don't change our minds before they get to the zipper part...

I talked to Dave Sweetin from GUE/Halcyon and he said it is basically a longer zipper than makes the suits easier to doff/don. Supposedly DUI is going to announce it at DEMA 2002.

Oh-oh. Is it too late to change it? I just read on another board that George says that only short zippers are DIR. :wink:

You HAVE moved your butt rings BTW, haven't you?

Marc :jester:

..so I cancelled the suit (at my expense...$2500) and ordered another one exactly like it but with the DIR zipper (another $2500)..I hope George doesn't change his mind again or this suit is going to cost me as much as a small car.

I tried my butt rings again and it worked fine...I was just taking the easy route instead of practicing and moving them to where it was "easy".

...NO, it is driving me crazy. I called DUI yesterday and they told me it shipped out last week. Since they are in CA and I am in VA, I am guessing it should be here this week. Since I will be in Cape Hatteras, NC diving this weekend, I won't be able to try it out (not cold enough down there) even if it does get here.

I am hoping to try it out the weekend after that...provided it comes in and nobody messed anything up on it.

I just picked it up tonight and tried it on...here are some pics of the suit and the new zipper. I won't get to try it until next weekend, so I will post again then.

You can see how the telescoping torso works here...

Zipper starts lower on the shoulder...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom