DUI's New Zipper - QuickZip (TM)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...same thing basically...little bit different angle

...you can see how the zipper comes around the back of the suit toward the wearer's lower back.

Nice suit Eric... have you tried it on yet to see if it fits? And about that last picture... man you gotta pick up the underwear in the bedroom before you start taking pictures dude.

man you gotta pick up the underwear in the bedroom before you start taking pictures dude.
I knew I should have been more careful with that....at least you can't see that they are pink.

Nice suit Eric... have you tried it on yet to see if it fits?
Yeah, it fits really well...granted the custom price was a little hard to swallow, but after trying on a bunch of stock ones I feel it was justified. Can't wait to get it wet...

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
Nice suit Eric... have you tried it on yet to see if it fits? And about that last picture... man you gotta pick up the underwear in the bedroom before you start taking pictures dude.
This coming from a man who once posted a picture titled "Uncle Pugs New Undies"... :rolleyes:

Had to order some turtles ($86) and some more spring straps ($50). Will also have to get an undergarment...wearing the pink undies in the picture UP talked about won't keep me warm enough...they are silk.

Two points...

First of all my undies are BLACK and suitable for scuba diving or formal dining.

Second... O-rings are pink and suitable for... hmmm... for...:rolleyes:

BTW: O-ring how did you miss all the threads where I clearly stated that you would need Turtles for Rock Boots???

What undergarments do you guys use regularly? I am thinking about 45-65 degree water.

O-ring once bubbled...
What undergarments do you guys use regularly? I am thinking about 45-65 degree water.

I'm using the same thing as UP, which is the 300wt polar fleece underwear from his source http://home.att.net/~gchev91/

However, I went with the single-piece/single-layer setup, and to be honest, I'm regretting it now. When the water temperature drops below 60 degrees (ie; this time of year), I start to get chilled when in the water more than 40 minutes. I've got some thin polypros that I wear underneath mine that work great for wicking moisture away when suiting up and such, but I think I would opt for the double-layer setup if I had to do it over again.

I really do like the single-piece setup. His Pugness prefers the two piece, but I think the one-piece is way cooler. (It *was* more expensive for a one-piece than the two piece outfit, hence the reason I went with the single-layer setup.) Note, the WWW site doesn't note whether or not the underwear is single or double layer, but guessing on how much I paid for mine, I'm guessing it's all single-layer stuff.

(The fit/function of the above underwear is absolutely awesome. It's as nice/nicer than my wife's DUI, but her's is a double-layer so it's more useful in colder water.)

Nate

I checked it out and their prices are pretty reasonable.. I actually think I would fit well into a stock medium. Can they do double layer stuff? I am looking for something I can take down to at least the 50's - comparable to DUI 300S or 400G or Andy's US 140.

Andy's US 140 is what I was considering before...here's the scoop:

The US 140 addresses the need for an ultra-lightweight, minimal bulk garment with maximum thermal properties. It is the same as the US 200 with 40gm. Thinsulate®. The outer Tactile Ultrex- Nylon is totally wind and waterproof for absolute protection and breathable for maximum comfort. The core material is 40gm./2.3oz. Thinsulate® and the inner is 14oz. Polartec®. Standard features include exterior hand pockets, inner and outer breast pockets, thumb loops, rib knit on the collar, arms and ankles, and an elasticized waist. The suit has a black body with ultra blue arms and accents. Water temperature ranges are 38° and up.

BTW: O-ring how did you miss all the threads where I clearly stated that you would need Turtles for Rock Boots???
I didn't miss them, I just thought that uhhh... well.... that I knew better and that I could make them work. *open mouth insert foot*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom