DUI zip seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaK-Dawg

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new DUI zip seals? If so, what do you think? I'm debating getting them put on my CF200, and anyones experience with these would be nice to know...

ScubaK-Dawg:
Has anyone tried the new DUI zip seals? If so, what do you think? I'm debating getting them put on my CF200, and anyones experience with these would be nice to know...

Do a Search on the subject. We've talked about this at length.

Personally, I just had them installed and they've been great. The rings are not rigid - they're very pliable. If you're like me and pull your gloves over the seals, you won't be able to do that anymore... THAT is the only regret I have. I got over it.

Take it from someone who's ripped a neck seal (beyond duct tape repair) on day 1.5 of a 3 day trip - I wish I had these 6 months ago.

Don't forget to pony up and buy a spare set of seals to keep in the drybox...

K

Forgive me if this has already been adressed (I did search and read all threads for Zip Seals) but can you use the Diving Concepts dry gloves with the wrist seals used in the new DUI Zip Seals? I'm thinking of getting my CLX 50/50 retrofitted to the Zip Seals but I think I want to keep my DC gloves.

Second question-
I can don/doff the DC gloves with my suit on. Can you do this with the Zip dry gloves?

bertschb:
Forgive me if this has already been adressed (I did search and read all threads for Zip Seals) but can you use the Diving Concepts dry gloves with the wrist seals used in the new DUI Zip Seals? I'm thinking of getting my CLX 50/50 retrofitted to the Zip Seals but I think I want to keep my DC gloves.

Second question-
I can don/doff the DC gloves with my suit on. Can you do this with the Zip dry gloves?

The Zip Seals use like a double zip lock fitting - its not a rigid hoop, but rather pliable. My understanding is the DC gloves won't work with it in their current form. Someone may correct me, but that's my understanding.

The Zip Seal gloves do not fit over the seals - they replace them on the suit. So you sort of un-zip the normal wrist seals, and sort of zip-in the gloves. You don't have both on at the same time.

K

<<So you sort of un-zip the normal wrist seals, and sort of zip-in the gloves>>
And I assume you can't do this very well (or at all) while wearing the suit? Sounds like you'd have to take your arms out of the suit in order to put the Zip gloves on the suit.

Hmmmm........ Does that work OK? Doesn't sound very convenient. Has anybody here switched from DC gloves to the Zip gloves?

Back
Top Bottom