DUI suit suitable for NE wreckdiving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajohn921

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Im interested to hear who uses what DUI model and why for diving New England waters and wrecks, and are you happy or not with your choice
John

I’m a technical decompression diver, and use a DUI CLx-450 dry suit. I have always been happy with it, and it has performed well for me. I used the suit for 7 years before I needed to replace the dry suit zipper. I had to replace the left shoulder valve after about 5 years. Still diving with it today.

Another vote for the CLX-450. I've had mine for 5 years and about 700 dives. Have dived NE, Great Lakes, Florida Caves, Midwest Caves, California, etc. Have replaced the zipper once and the shoulder vent twice, and patched some minor leaks.

Tip--get the cloverleaf-shaped patch for the crotch if you dive gear with a crotch strap.

theskull

I just bought a CLX350 due to an amazing deal, arriving this week. When I asked around the feedback I received was all very positive. Not to the point of wreck penetrations yet so not sure on tear/snag resistance. Everyone says I'll be diving it for many years, I'm gonna hope so!

Another vote for the CLX-450, I love mine. It's a good bit tougher than the 350

I too dive the TLS-350 but from what I've heard, it may not be the best choice for penetration diving because the the tri-lam may be more puncturable than the compressed neoprene. I don't do penetration dives so it doesn't matter to me. I do like the suit though.

Everyones definition of wreck diving is different. I think if there is any chance that you are going to come in contact with the sharp pieces of metal usually found inside of a wreck, than the CF200 is your best bet. If your just cruising around the outside of wrecks a few times a season, than the TLS350 is fine.

Shoot, I don't go in the wrecks and my TLS-350 is springing leaks after most dives. Pisses me off. It is light, though. Probably from all the holes... In any case, I'd go up to a 450 for my next suit. Though I must say, my Bare XCD2 has given me few problems (just can't stand the rear zip; makes getting to valves a pain).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom