DUI Seals Configuration Help Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for the video, i'm getting the idea of this drysuit seals and glove system.

Progress! Now, the Kubi system I have works with normal latex seals (whether zip seals or not). Kubis and zip seals are not mutually exclusive, nor does one require the other. The Kubi system has two rings per glove. One goes on the wrist seal, and the other on the glove. They mate with an O-ring seal. There are other similar systems as well, and in another thread someone posted a link to what looks like a high-quality alternative that costs less. That said, the Kubis are definitely first rate and so far have been bulletproof for me and the people I dive with that have them.

I use the latex wrist seal as a dam in case I cut a dry glove, and run a piece of string under the wrist seal. If I ever just plain slice a glove, I can remove it, pull the string, stay dry, and put what's left of the glove back on or put the Kubi ring and glove in a pocket. (Either way, the dive is over.)

Kubi over Antares any day.
The Kubi I can change a seal or a glove in a few minutes. No heat, no glue, no buffing. Just roll a few O-rings in and out of grooves and you are done. What I really like is the gloves can be the last or nearly last thing you put on. Your hand is not trapped in the glove/suit until you get out of the suit. I have also seen stacking. Zipseals that hold another system (I forgot what the other option was). And even pullovers on top of that. Run the zips for now, you already have them. But keep an eye out for other options as the gloves wear.

yea it seems like there are many brands but Kubi has the least complaints from the users if none.only downside is cost for a third party vendor. thanks again.

Kubi over Antares any day.
The Kubi I can change a seal or a glove in a few minutes. No heat, no glue, no buffing. Just roll a few O-rings in and out of grooves and you are done. What I really like is the gloves can be the last or nearly last thing you put on. Your hand is not trapped in the glove/suit until you get out of the suit. I have also seen stacking. Zipseals that hold another system (I forgot what the other option was). And even pullovers on top of that. Run the zips for now, you already have them. But keep an eye out for other options as the gloves wear.

yea i will keep the zipseal for now until it rips but once it rips i'm thinking about permanently attaching it to my sleeve so i have to decide if i'm going to send it to Drysuit Repair vendor or DIY.

yea i will keep the zipseal for now until it rips but once it rips i'm thinking about permanently attaching it to my sleeve so i have to decide if i'm going to send it to Drysuit Repair vendor or DIY.

What you're not getting is that removing zipseals and addin regular seals isn't possible in many if not most cases. When they remove the zipseal ring often the arm is now too short for regular seals. If you've got extra arm length you may be ok. There's a good chance you won't be able to though.

Zipseals aren't s crazy expensive product either in the grand scheme of things. I personally get my zipseals with sitech seals from Gamble scuba(Florida drysuit guru) and they're cheaper than regular dui seals even though dui actually make them for him. It's not like you're replacing them on a yearly basis. And as I said I personally don't want to dive a suit without zipseals because I dive in areas where if I rip a seal my trip is done. There's no places to buy seals or seal cement. So zipseals have saved many a trip.

What you're not getting is that removing zipseals and addin regular seals isn't possible in many if not most cases. When they remove the zipseal ring often the arm is now too short for regular seals. If you've got extra arm length you may be ok. There's a good chance you won't be able to though.

Zipseals aren't s crazy expensive product either in the grand scheme of things. I personally get my zipseals with sitech seals from Gamble scuba(Florida drysuit guru) and they're cheaper than regular dui seals even though dui actually make them for him. It's not like you're replacing them on a yearly basis. And as I said I personally don't want to dive a suit without zipseals because I dive in areas where if I rip a seal my trip is done. There's no places to buy seals or seal cement. So zipseals have saved many a trip.

hi thanks for the input, because i bought a used drysuit on a parking lot sale, the sleeves were little bit shorter than my actual arm.

hi thanks for the input, because i bought a used drysuit on a parking lot sale, the sleeves were little bit shorter than my actual arm.

A system like the Kubi system will actually help you with this, because the length of the glove that goes past the ring can be adjusted in a fairly wide range (close to the ring or farther away). The replacement gloves I use have several inches' worth of length with an acceptable diameter for the Kubis. (As it happens, I keep the gloves short, but you could make them long instead.)

good!! i was little worried that my wrist might be exposed due to short sleeve. have you tried g17k gloves with kubi? heard it's good replacement for low cost.

Thanks TrimixToo, sorry for the ignorance but i have seen other people's review who has DUI drysuit but replaced with Antares dry Glvoes. based on your comment, seal(i'm guessing it's big rubber o ring on wrist) on my DUI cannot be removed but just need to be glued to other brand's gloves which is done by many people correct? and your recommendation for DRIS or NESS are other brands just like SiTECH ANTARES or KUBI right?

DRIS and NESS are dive shops with online shops. Dive Right in Scuba and Northeast Scuba Supply.

good!! i was little worried that my wrist might be exposed due to short sleeve. have you tried g17k gloves with kubi? heard it's good replacement for low cost.

I use Showa 558-10s, trimmed to length. They're a bit over 8 bucks a pair. I got mine from Airgas:

Airgas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom