DUI Rockboots Sizing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. Does anyone know about sizing for DUI Rockboots? If I wear a size 8.5-9 street shoe, what size rockboot would I take over the neoprene bootie of a TLS350 drysuit, wearing inside the bootie a thin fleece sockliner?

Thank you!

Mahjong

Depending on how thick the fleece sock liner is, you may want to go 1/2- 1 size up from your street shoe size. DUI makes some extra room in their boots, but not a great deal. I wear a 400gm Thinsulate sock under mine & got them at street shoe size & I can get them on, but it's a real PITA.

I originally went with the same size as the street shoes I wear and they were to tight. Soon went 1 size up and it was much better. A year later went turbo soles and haven't looked back.

I had the opposite experience. I started out a size above my street shoe size, and it felt like I was wearing clown shoes. Went down to my street shoe size, and everything fits great. Just have to make sure that the sock on the suit goes into the boot neatly.

Granted, I'm not wearing 400g of thinsilate on my feet. I find that some 200g fleece socks with a pair of smart wool liners keeps me plenty warm. If you keep your core warm you don't need a hell of a lot of insulation to keep your extremities warm. YMMV.

I wear a 9.5 shoe and I got the 10 rock boot. It fits great with plenty of room for two pairs of hiking socks underneath. I know some people like the turbo soles, but I have a friend who had them and hated them. The sole tended to slip off the foot and the fin strap would get between the top of the sole and the bottom of the foot. Not good.

Rockboots 1 full size oversize seems to work for many people here in the northeast USA for fairly cold water (40-60F, 5-15C).

That will allow for moderately thick insulation and you can always tighten the laces when wearing lighter insulation. You might be okay getting same as shoe size since you're using thin fleece, though.

Looser is warmer however.

Rockboots sized for shoe size tend to be tight and cold from what I've heard from buddies, even with light insulation.

Dave C

Thanks for the feedback.

Hum...all would be solved if Rockboots came in half sizes but it seems they do not, so it's a tight 9 or a clown-foot 10. When diving dry (only occasionally these days for me, when traveling back to the US from HK, where I dive wet weekly), I have worn my CF200 with turbo soles. The turbo soles are okay, especially on a boat. I have picked up a TLS350, mainly because it is much lighter and easier to travel with, and it also accommodates better heavier thinsulate underwear (my CF200 fits a bit on the snug side, which is nice when fleece underwear is enough). But my TLS350 requires Rockboots, so this is why I need to pick up a pair. My feet don't tend to get cold and so I only need a thin pair of fleece socks inside the neoprene bootie, so perhaps the size 9 will work for me, without stopping circulation--I would rather not have my feet flopping around inside my fins.

Thanks again,

Mahjong

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom