DUI Drysuit Pockets - The Knife Sheath, And Pocket Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djcheburashka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm in the process of buying a used CF200. On my prior drysuits, I used either the Halcyon Expedition pockets or the Deep Sea Supply. This one has pockets already attached. This leads me to two interesting questions:

1. I recognize that once cordura or neoprene has been attached to crushed neoprene by aquaseal, that the pocket is not going to -want- to come off. Nevertheless, how difficult/ugly would it be to attempt to replace the existing pockets? Can I do this simply with Cotol and time?

What I'm thinking is if the only "problem" will be aquaseal residue under the pocket, the Deep Sea Supply neoprene back is wide enough to cover up any unsightliness anyway. But am I missing something?

2. I actually think that DUI pocket with the built in knife sheath is kind of cool. Seems like a nice place to put a cutting device where its unlikely to get entangled, and easy to undo if it does. Is it possible to get the knife sheath separately and attach it to an existing pocket? Or, have folks experimented with attaching some other manufacturer's sheath to drysuit pockets?

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom