DUI Drysuit - Is Crotch Cloverleaf Worth It?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We went with it on TLS350 for my wife and I. The price was outrageous but we decided it was good insurance looking at the big picture.

I would do something due to choice of suit (TLS350). Neoprene sleeve around crotch strap (DR) is good solution. If money is not an issue go with the Cloverleaf.

My first TLS350 did not have that option at the time (2003). I've used BP+W with crotch strap all the time, and the only leaks in that suit except for where I stubbed a turbo-sole on a dock were at the crotch. Mind you, this was with lots of scootering at the time.

When I bought another TLS350 in 2009 I got the cloverleaf crotch protection. It still shows zero wear, so I would buy it again.

The only change I'd make on my next suit would be to add some extra crushed neoprene on the heels of the turbo soles, for extra spring strap protection.

I dive a CLX450 usually with a BPW and doubles. (No scootering.) After a year - I started seeing wear on the crotch and added the cloverleaf. I see a fair amount of wear on the cloverleaf - but no leaks. Does not restrict my movement noticeably. Would suggest installing it.

Bjorn

Back
Top Bottom