DUI Drysuit Demo Days this weekend in Birmingham

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about water temps and visability? Also did you notice if they had a class schedule posted anywhere?

Hey,

Not really sure what the water temp was. Purdy cold though. The vis was really bad, but there were a ton of people there.

I talked with a buddy today who had called them about a schedule. His son in law is getting certified before our June dive trip. I think he said they are cranking up classes in a couple of weeks.

Beck

Ok i think im going over this thursday so i'll check on the schedule and maybe the viz wil pick up the water temp was about 52-55 last time i was there in march. I'm sure the rain friday didnt help out any.

A couple of the divers turning in gear reported 54 degrees. The girl who didn't zip her zipper all the way reported 12 degrees.

Thats about what it was back in march. Dang I was hoping it was a little warmer. Ok thanks. They're new website is up and states the schedule will be posted on april 4th but the schedule is still not up yet maybe soon.

They are kind of slow this year. There is no way that I would have allowed that many divers to attend a function at my facility and not have anything to sell in the dive store!! I guess they're busy with the new construction and all.

I really enjoyed working with the DUI folks and learned an awful lot about drysuits and dry diving just by watching.

I worked the event again this year and was there on friday during the storms trust me it slowed things down. The tent were tring to blow away and the first tent was flooded saturday morning reducing the usable area to 1/3. But despite that we had 126 people come through and dive in drysuits. It isn't a quick process to get people into a drysuit for the first time. Remeber seal sizing there was a lot of seal swapping going on also. But like kevin said it take a few dives. I dive year round in Ga and haver been in 40 degree water in wet suit and air temp was 29 degree. So trust me when you dive those conditions going dry is the only way to go

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom