DUI days Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bladesmith

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Had a great time at DUI days on Saturday. DUI puts on a well run show and have a great product. They had 101 people dive with them on Saturday. This was my first time to use a dry suit. After gearing up I made my first dive with one of there dive masters, Viz 5 feet, temp 64. The east end of CSSP was mucked up bad. Second dive of the day was much better. They let us dive without there supervision, so we got to dive the west end of the lake and had 15ft viz. Went to there dinner that night and won a DUI tshirt and sweatshirt ( I never win anything). Later that night did a night dive in a 3 mil. A bit coool. Met some great people and had great time diving, and yes I want a dry suit now.

Thanks for the report...glad you had a good time. Alot to take in but educational for the first timer. :wink:

I have BAD news for you.
Once you have dove dry and been comfortable that’s it you’re done.

Also I have to warn you not all dry suits are like DUI and know you have dove a DUI your spoiled and just don’t know it.

Congrats on having a great day and yep it’s a blast.

Regards, Andrew

yes I have heard the same thing about them, very nice suits! While I did not go to the show I wish I had known about it before hand enough to plan it...I do plan on getting one of thier suits when the time calls for it

Had a great time at DUI days on Saturday. ... and yes I want a dry suit now.

Welcome to the world of those wishing they had a drysuit ... which includes me. :)

Glad you had a good time. I had planned on making that event until I realized that it was the weekend of a grandson's 4th BD. I got in 11 dives I think at the event in Austin.

Willie

Good to see you had a good time. Went to a DUI demo last year and knew then that a DUI dry suit was in my future. I bought one a month later. I had a Diving Concepts before that. Not a bad suit. Just didn't fit right. But once I saw DUI'S set up, the way they handled the whole day I was impressed.

Now I have a TLS350 and very happy with it.

Welcome to the world of those wishing they had a drysuit ... which includes me. :)

And me. :pray:

Wish I could've made the DOG days. With the lack of dealers with suits on hand to check out, the promotion events must be nice.

I'm facing the remote choice of style, size, price, & time factors b/c I've not yet finished diving this season... Yes Mexico is cheaper, but a good dry suit ought to add many more dives for a longer span of time.... Hmmm

I have BAD news for you.
Once you have dove dry and been comfortable that’s it you’re done.

Also I have to warn you not all dry suits are like DUI and know you have dove a DUI your spoiled and just don’t know it.

There is a solution........

For just $10 dollars ( plus $4.95 shipping and handling) I'll rush you my latest Video CD just packed with instructinal tips and techniques on how to keep warm in a wetsuit in even the coldest waters.

By following these simple no non sence lessons in my one week program and you too will learn to not only be able to dive cold water but actually enjoy it and even seek it out all year long !!
Just ask my dive buddies and they will tell you !!!

Before long you too will be saying things like :
In Texas it's not really cold enough yet to dive dry.
Winter Diving ... What other kind is there ???
I'll take another one of those Blue Peppermint Snow Cones Please !!

Frank has No Brain ... So No Pain
you might respond.... Fine.
I dive blackwater and can't see and cold water and can't feel but that only means I have 3 of my other sences working overtime. Taste, Smell & Sound.... We all know how much they contribute to Winter diving :D

Just think of what an award winning man reliance on skills like that will make you when you are in bed :14:

I am willing to compromise though.
I think having two wetsuits is a nice plan though just so you get to climb into a dry one on the second dive :crafty:

But that just means two suits to haul inside and hang up.
I drive on average of 280 miles a week to dive and shulping dive gear when I get home is hard on a 50 year old back. ( even one as sort of Re-Bar solid as mine seems to be)

Personally... I have enough other **** to clean and take care of in my life and more Lead and wet dive gear is not going to make my life any more simple when I get to the house.

With the cash I save by not owning a Dry Suit I can afford some nice Cognac and warm towels and with the confidence I have from my program I'll still be up for "One More Dive" when I get home :wink:

Frank! You're nuts ! ! !
Two words: Dry Suit

Back
Top Bottom