DUI 30/30 experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gore-tex.... water proof and breathable...

My boots don't let a drip in when I step in the river, so I can't see how the suit would be any different...

Tomorrow at Haigh Quarry the weather is predicting 84 and sunny....and ill be there in the afternoon....so i'll run around in the suit and let you know how breathable it is. I wonder if I let one fly if my buddy will smell it...hmmmmmmmmmmm.

jepuskar:
RJP,

I am diving the 30/30 tomorrow, Friday. I'll let you know tomorrow night what the deal is. I have various undergarments to wear with it and will be diving in 75-80 degree water.

Thanks - I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Ray

Yeah this material is some sort of PFTE (teflon) and have been used for several other water sports. Friends have them for white water kayaking, wind surfing, canyonneering, and major difference is that they are going under water for long periods of time. Depending on how the material is prodcued it will have different permability characteristics. My guess is that in order to get the waterproofness the breathability will be compromised. Also how well they breath is a function of the realitive humidity on both sides. So in in high humidity they may work as well.

Back
Top Bottom