DUI 30/30 experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rogier,

I only dive Nitrox in Bonaire and don't see any added benefits regarding being less tired. The tropical drysuits are breathable at the surface unlike other drysuits and with a thin undergarment on I don't foresee any issues with sweat etc...cant be any more than what I get up here with my TLS and thick undies.

I am a little concerned about the weight issue.... I need about 4-6lbs in a 3mm down there, but I am going to be trying a 30/30 out very soon up here..so i'll make sure I use an AL80 so i can atleast get an estimate of the weight I'll need. The weather has been hot up here as well so I'll see first hand out it handles on the surface.

J

Ok, I know I am impatient when it comes to receiving diving gear, and my LDS knows this...but I want to test out a 30/30 NOW. Somebody, anyone....hook me up...you got a 30/30? Either ship it to me for a weekend. I wont trim the seals, i wont pee in it, cant promise i wont fart in it....if you live in florida and have one...I'll come to you...im not kidding

Ok, I got my 30/30 demo all lined up. not that anyone cares, but i will post my experiences on here just because.

jepuskar:
Ok, I got my 30/30 demo all lined up. not that anyone cares, but i will post my experiences on here just because.

Looking forward to what input you might offer after trying it out. I'm really leaning towards getting my hands on one in prep for a liveaboard trip in the spring.

Yes, I am looking forward to trying it....I will know how much of a difference the breathable material makes on the surface because I have geared up 10+ times in 90+ degree and humid weather in my TLS350 this year. the water at the local mudhole above the thermocline is Caribbean like so that will be a good judge as well.

J

RJP,

I am diving the 30/30 tomorrow, Friday. I'll let you know tomorrow night what the deal is. I have various undergarments to wear with it and will be diving in 75-80 degree water.

jepuskar:
RJP,

I am diving the 30/30 tomorrow, Friday. I'll let you know tomorrow night what the deal is. I have various undergarments to wear with it and will be diving in 75-80 degree water.

Great, I am looking forward to hearing what you think about it.
Also, does anyone know, how are the tropical drysuits considered "breathable"? I would have thought that anything water proof (as a drysuit obviously is) would not breathe well.

okay, maybe its just me, but the whole breathable at the surface thing seems like a lot of marketing bs to me. Not to cast dispersions upon DUI they are a great company, but at least IMHO a drysuit that is breathable is an oxymoron. If it is breathable, then how does it hold any gas to prevent squeeze? Or is this simply a big waterproof suit that doesn't hold any air at any depth? breathable while being waterproof, okay no problem, I get that part. But think about it, how does this thing work? If you add air, shouldn't that air just leak out instantly or at least fairly quickly from all over the suit? I will be interested in hearing the review and your thoughts on the suit.

Back
Top Bottom