Dual Bladder Wings - A Good Choice for Redundancy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The rank was an analogy. If you have the right equipment would you not use it? I’m not saying anyone’s less because they dive a wetsuit. I use wetsuits all the time. What I’m saying is, would you not just use a drysuit even if it’s hot as it grants a lot of benefits compared to a wetsuit, one of them being comfort in the water for long exposures, no buoyancy change etc?

I can use trimix. But I don't use it on shallow dives. I can scooter, but I don't take it in every cave or even certain sections of otherwise big cave. I can use stages, but sometimes they're unnecessary for a given cave/plan.

Just because you have the gear/training doesn't mean it's appropriate for every dive. I'll use a drysuit in stupid hot weather if I think I'll appreciate it in the water due to thermoclines or exposure time, but it's not always necessary or even ideal.

The rank was an analogy. If you have the right equipment would you not use it? I’m not saying anyone’s less because they dive a wetsuit. I use wetsuits all the time. What I’m saying is, would you not just use a drysuit even if it’s hot as it grants a lot of benefits compared to a wetsuit, one of them being comfort in the water for long exposures, no buoyancy change etc?

Cuz it’s stupid hot out and miserable af?

And really how long is your exposure going to be on a tech 1 dive? Hint: it’s always about an hour.

Diving is supposed to be fun.

Ok fair enough, was more gauging opinion tbh. I thought people preferred drysuits overall but I suppose I haven’t been to places that are hot AF so maybe I’m not in a position to appreciate a wetsuit (especially with diving with the Atlantic and all :D).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom