DSS Wing Replacement Suggestions Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m about to order one. May I correctly assume they still have the tank band slots to align with my DSS Kydex plate? Hard to tell from the pictures.

I have a Torus 17 from Tobin, not sure which of the VDH ones to get. My 17 is just enough for me, my pole spear and a tube full of lionfish. The 23 will give me 6 or so more lift, which should be fine. But the 35 is only 2 inches difference in size, so why not go that way?
Sometimes numbers can be deceiving. I have the 23 lb Hog wing and it's just right for me. You might also consider both the 23 and 35 probably use the same bladder. My 23 has a 32 bladder and things get a little scrunched inside. I never heard anybody say anything bad about the VDH wings.

Here you go. Check out post 4 and 14.

Thanks everyone for the input. 35# wing is ordered.

I’ll be back down to Grand Cayman in two weeks to give it a try.

Happy diving

I love my 18 for warm water travel (23 would basically be a great one too). I use 30-35# up here in the cold green water with single tank diving the Great Lakes.

I love my 18 for warm water travel (23 would basically be a great one too). I use 30-35# up here in the cold green water with single tank diving the Great Lakes.

I figure 35 might be overkill for my tropical diving, but as compact as it is uninflated it’s worth it. And, if I ever get crazy again and want to dive cold water with 7mm I’ll have the kit for it!

Back
Top Bottom