DSS Wing Replacement Suggestions Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamax

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I have a DSS Backplate and wing and the bladder is on its last legs, so am looking for suggestions for a replacement wing that will fit the DSS plate, which I understand is "proprietary". My needs are not technical, just diving AL 80 without a huge lift requirement. Thanks in advance for your input!

Scubamax

the wings were the somewhat proprietary part, but the plates will work with just about everything as they have standard bolt hole spacing for doubles. If you want to use a wing without a STA, then you will need to make sure the holes line up, so if you have some wings in mind, then let us know and someone has probably put them together.

I've successfully used the Argonaut Dive (VDH), OxyCheq Mach V, Deep6, and HOG wings on my DSS plates. These are all using the cam band slots. Bolt holes may or may not work, and I typically only use a single one if at all.

I'd think the DGX or DiveRite may also work...

I also have used Hog and Halcyon Wings with my DSS BP

Thanks for the ideas. I don't plan on using a STA.

Looking at DiveRite Travel XT Armored Wing as one of the finalists

Going to be sad when mine reaches the point of replacement. So following this with interest! Has anyone tried to alter a wing so that instead of cam band slots its a wide hole like the DSS so you don't have to unthread the bands? Such a nice feature!

If not continuous loop cam bands, Dive Rite open panel wings.....

If not continuous loop cam bands, Dive Rite open panel wings.....
Those get the closest, but that vertical strap with the grommets would keep from being able to push the cam band thru without unthreading the band....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom