DSS (Deep Sea Supply)---Warning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought my first wing 23 years ago. It was from Dive Rite. About 7 years ago, the weld separated. I found this out when it started bubbling, and I unzipped the bag to see the weld had given. I took it to Dive Rite and in less than 10 minutes, they had swapped out the bag. I’m still using that wing today.

Go with a good company with a great attitude focusing on going the extra mile without making excuses or insulting you. Dive Rite has always been, and likely will always be top notch. I’ve never seen them treat anyone the way some of you guys talk about some of these manufacturers.

—Edit
By the way, that replacement, was at no charge. I forgot to say that part. I don’t know if that’s the way it always goes, but they’ve always taken excellent care of me.

animism
EDict_Pron_Button

an·i·mism [ánnə mìzzəm]
noun
1. belief that nature has soul: the belief that things in nature, e.g. trees, mountains, and the sky, have souls or consciousness
2. belief in organizing force in universe: the belief that a supernatural force animates and organizes the universe
3. belief in existence of separate spirit: the belief that people have spirits that do or can exist separately from their bodies
[Mid-19th century. < Latin anima "soul"]
-an·i·mist, adjective noun
-an·i·mis·tic [ànnə místik], adjective
top_left_cnr
bot_left_cnr

You probably meant:

animosity
EDict_Pron_Button

an·i·mos·i·ty [ànnə móssətee]
(plural an·i·mos·i·ties)
noun

hostility: a feeling or spirit of hostility and resentment
[15th century. Directly or via French animosité < late Latin animositas "spiritedness" < animosus "spirited" < animus "mind, spirit"]
Word Key: Synonyms
See dislike.
top_left_cnr
bot_left_cnr

You probably don't care and only interested in planning how to attack the next person who disagrees with you.

Actually, Tobin used a word that probably means exactly what he meant to say. Did you look up "animus"?

an·i·mus
ˈanəməs/
noun
noun: animus
  1. 1.
    hostility or ill feeling.
    "the author's animus toward her"
  2. 2.
    motivation to do something.
    "the reformist animus came from within the Party"

Miffed at the lack of a torus wing zipper

She Mauled the thing using a dull seam ripper

Then sewed the holes snugger

Than her stretch pants could hug her

If it fails, can she say the seller tried to gyp her?
Don't give up your marine scientist gig just yet.

Actually, Tobin used a word that probably means exactly what he meant to say. Did you look up "animus"?

an·i·mus
ˈanəməs/
noun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
Tobin edited his post to change animism to animus at 7:32pm on friday after being corrected by Pete.

an·i·mus
ˈanəməs/
noun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.

Fake news. You can’t change your old posts to remediate basic errors. Then have fanboys come to your defense.

Fake news. You can’t change your old posts to remediate basic errors. Then have fanboys come to your defense.
It was originally animism, but just as likely autocorrect changed it from animus, just like it changed my sign off from “Franny” to “Granny”, when I tried sexting. I re-read messages more carefully now.

an·i·mus
ˈanəməs/
noun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.

As it was pointed out to you, our friendly fun loving Tobin changed his words after it was pointed out to him that the original word he used at first wasn't what he probably meant. I did a "copy & paste" from his original post into my eDictionary.

I think that we need to move past this matter.

Last edited:
changed my sign off from “Franny” to “Granny”, when I tried sexting.

New keyboard on order.

Let’s not discount the fact that 90% or more of the folks on this board would have to google either term. Neither are terms used by the vast majority of English speaking people, and I’d bet if Trey Gowdy hadn’t used animus in what is becoming a viral video this month, it would have never popped up in here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom