Dsat Technical Dive Training- Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! SL is into tech now. I'm totally shocked. I guess tech is officially mainstream now.

Wow! SL is into tech now. I'm totally shocked. I guess tech is officially mainstream now.

Man, I hope not...although it would mean more dive buddies. :D

Cavern can be done in normal OW gear.

No restrictions are allowed so no need for a long hose,always in the light zone so no need for a Goodman handle. (clip light off when running reel)

Man, I hope not...although it would mean more dive buddies. :D

It is unlikely to become truly 'mainstream' given the financial and time commitment required, let alone the skill levels. But, you never know.

Of course, there are some of us early-adopters who rather think it has already become main stream- ahem!

Curmudgeonly, P

Mr. paul19may ..... am I to understand that you will be offering PADI Cavern as a complete course in Lake Travis? Thanks :wink:

Cavern can be done in normal OW gear.

No restrictions are allowed so no need for a long hose,always in the light zone so no need for a Goodman handle. (clip light off when running reel)

Yeah, I understand but you and I both know that is not the way to properly train someone. They need to know the investment upfront and know they are entering technical diving. It is not recreational scuba any longer - light zone or not... I personally think that is why you have some who think, "well, I did my cavern course and it was easy. I think I can now go further back into the cave and should have no problems."

Layne

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom