Drysuit vs BCD bouyancy control

Drysuit or BCD for Bouyancy control?

• I use only my drysuit and BCD to float on surface.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • Only BCD and little air on Drysuit to be warm

Votes: 91 61.9%
  • I really use both, Put little on my BCD and then my Drysuit

Votes: 24 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kazinvan:
You are assuming that one would be pressing the ds inflator while trying to dump the air. I don't see the logic here.

Runaway or frozen inflator. This is why many don't advocate a standard LP inflator hose to be used with a drysuit, since under pressure, they can be very difficult to unseat, especially with gloves on.

cameron:
"How long have you been diving and in what conditions?"

I was not asking to compare logbooks. I was asking more as a relevent environment for things to go wrong. ie. deep walls, ice diving, etc...

I was merely trying to point out to you, based on your previous posts about pooling air on your back on descent and the amount of air you said you normally dive with in the suit while only trying to remain horizontal was a dangerous practice.

cameron:
Don't be too convinced that your way is the only way.
If you don't want to dive like this....don't
But don't tell me it is unsafe or dangerous when you have never tried it.

let mwe know about that PM...ok

There is never only one way to do things. As a matter of fact, there are all kinds of gear configurations in diving. Since we all know that diving is a hazardous endeavor, we tend to choose the configuration that is the most forgiving in a time of emergency.

Go at it. You can pump your suit till your hearts content. But many, not just me, will still tell you that it's dangerous.

BTW, your recent post indicates a different approach to air in the suit from some of your previous posts. Did we over state something earlier? If so, then maybe we are on the same page after all. :)

Most on this board are on the same page. "Alot" can be taken out of context pretty easily and was probably the wrong word choice. I think we are both clear where we stand.
I still think you are wrong :1poke: thats half the fun :wink:

mempilot:
Nah, you are wrong, and that's the other half of the fun. :D
You kids stop this fighting right now! If I have to stop this car, you're gonna be sorry!!!! :wink:

SubMariner:
You kids stop this fighting right now! If I have to stop this car, you're gonna be sorry!!!! :wink:

What another deep stop! Come on dad... not again! It was his fault anyway!

Back
Top Bottom