Drysuit urine management survey - men

What is your usual strategy for managing urine while using a drysuit?

• Condom catheter with P-valve

Votes: 122 60.7%
  • Condom catheter with collection bag

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Adult diaper

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Medication to reduce urine produciton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uretheral catheter with either P-valve or collection bag

• Urinal-type products with either P-valve or collection bag

• Plan dives so that urination during the dive is not necessary

Votes: 66 32.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a well-known fact in coastal communities. Some people just aren't able to let it go unless they have solid earth under their feet. Back in the 18th/19th century, some of the fishing boats up here reportedly carried a piece of peat to stand on while peeing over the gunnel.
No, I don't mind letting it go on a boat, I just wasn't comfortable doing it "in front" of a female.

I've been thinking of pee valves lately. I'm not a tech diver. Most of my dives are all about an hour long. But this summer I had to drink so much to not pass out before I got in the water then I felt like I was holding it for the entire dive. And now I just got put on a diretic for having a kidney stone I'm afraid it's gonna be even worse. So what valves are most of you using. Does the tubing cause discomfort when squeezed I normally let my suit squeeze alot before i let air in. Is there a specific brand of condom caths you guys trust

I've been thinking of pee valves lately. I'm not a tech diver. Most of my dives are all about an hour long. But this summer I had to drink so much to not pass out before I got in the water then I felt like I was holding it for the entire dive. And now I just got put on a diretic for having a kidney stone I'm afraid it's gonna be even worse. So what valves are most of you using. Does the tubing cause discomfort when squeezed I normally let my suit squeeze alot before i let air in. Is there a specific brand of condom caths you guys trust

Light Monkey tinkle valve. Or an unbalanced LM or Halcyon. Just prime it and there are no issues. Tubing is norprene so it counteracts squeeze well, but you definitely want to prime it first, otherwise you WILL have a bad experience.

Rochester Wide Band are my preferred cath.

I haven't even had a chance to try out my Fusion yet, but I stumbled across this and thought I'd ask if anybody had tried it: HeWee Go Urination Systems For Men

Avoids the whole glue-on issue ...

There were some passing mentions from close to a decade ago, but I didn't see any sort of reviews.

Avoids the whole glue-on issue ...

The glue isn’t that bad tbh. It was scary the first few times but it is more a mental thing.
Maybe i’m Just lucky but for me it worked fine from the first time.

Too tip:

Get one of each cath size first to be confident of a good fit. Then keep a new XXL in your spares box which you can give with a flourish to anyone who's forgotten one. :cool:

I'll be ordering my first dry suit soon. When I first learned about P valves I thought YES I definitely have to have one of those! As a matter of fact I think I'll install one in my car door too!

I'll be ordering my first dry suit soon. When I first learned about P valves I thought YES I definitely have to have one of those! As a matter of fact I think I'll install one in my car door too!

You probably wouldn’t be the first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom