DRysuit Underwear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have some custom undergarments made from Polartec fleece. Keeps me plenty warm, and stays relatively dry. I had some minor leaking this past weekend down one side of my suit where the zipper closes. My boot was soaked, but the polartec fleece came out virtually dry.

Weezel Extreme+. I use a shell suit and in the winter we are usually faced with temps of 27-29 deg F and I usually can get 50-60 minutes out of a dive before I become uncomfortable. The first time I used them I had a leak past my neck seal in 43deg water and I stayed warm for a 60 minute dive.
Jason

Weezle Extreme and Extreme booties and 4 pairs of snowboarding socks (yeah ok so the boots are too big for me...)

GDI:
What do you prefer to use under your drysuit?

It depends on the water temperature...and perhaps might depend on the type of suit you have.

For Monterey (gets down towards 50F in the winter) I use a softwear fleece jumpsuit with a polypro thing underneath...I use a trilam suit (DUI TLS350).

I swear by my Diving Concepts Stretch Thinsulate Extreme. Comfortable, custom cut for me, thin, not baggy, no binding, no flexibility issues, doesn't require air in the suit to keep warm... I love it.

In my case it depends on the water temp, the length of the dive, and the type of suit. My neoprene suit I don't need anything under it. I sweat in the winter under the ice with just a t-shirt and shorts. My trilam I usually wear fleese -haven had it under the ice yet

Right now I wear some Army style thick polypro under a fleece top and bottom. I'm considering purchasing some 300 weight Softwear (softweardiving.com I think). Seems like a great value, and I can't afford the stretch thinsulate :wink:

Not picking on you Jonnythan - you know better, anyway. It was just that your comment, while valid, caused me to sit and pontificate... I get a kick out of folks who spend thousands of dollars on a fully customized drysuit, but then get stock underwear to save a few bucks... thus defeating the purpose of custom in the first place.

I just picked up some DUI 400g undies....I love being warm :)

I did see some Diving Concepts Stretch Thinsulate Extreme (the same ones Booger is using)...and they looked nice, but I didn't try em.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom