DRysuit Underwear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
Bob, what kind of temperature rating would you give yourself for that 300g fleece?

Don't ask Bob about temperature and comfort. Before selling me my Viking 400g thinsulate (which I love), he told me it'd be too warm for me. :) I think he must be built out of thisulate!

jonnythan:
Bob, what kind of temperature rating would you give yourself for that 300g fleece?

Well, the water's about 56 degrees here right now ... about as warm as it gets. I do wear a second set of (thin) fleece long johns under the garment ... just as I did with the DC undergarment. I'm using a Northern Diver shell suit with 3 mm wet gloves and hood.

But with all that said, I'm pretty comfortable on hour+ dives ... and those who dive with me can attest that I don't burn a lot of calories moving around in the water. Then again, I'm built like a harbor seal ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sounds like me, Soggy :p

In any case, I'll still probably buy the Softwear.. it's plenty thicker than what I wore last time I was in 34 degree water :)

jonnythan:
Sounds like me, Soggy :p

In any case, I'll still probably buy the Softwear.. it's plenty thicker than what I wore last time I was in 34 degree water :)

One thing I wish I'd have mentioned when I spoke to Janice was to request hip pockets. The undergarment comes with a left-side chest pocket (sewn on the inside of the garment), which is nice ... but I like having pockets to shove my hands into on surface intervals. She'll do it if you think to ask when ordering the garment.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

GDI:
What do you prefer to use under your drysuit?

Weezel Extreme+ and booties.Little on the expensive side but wroth every penny. I am looking at replacing my drysuit but my Weezel stays...

NWGratefulDiver:
One thing I wish I'd have mentioned when I spoke to Janice was to request hip pockets. The undergarment comes with a left-side chest pocket (sewn on the inside of the garment), which is nice ... but I like having pockets to shove my hands into on surface intervals. She'll do it if you think to ask when ordering the garment.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I asked her for the pockets and they came out great and at no additional charge. I have nothing but good things to say about Softwear...the material just isn't warm enough for where I dive. :(

AEIOU:
Weezel Extreme+ and booties.Little on the expensive side but wroth every penny. I am looking at replacing my drysuit but my Weezel stays...

Careful with the Weezle...I had a friend do a ballistic ascent to the surface from 90 ft because that ridiculously thin nylon shell got stuck up in his drysuit exhaust valve. He's very lucky he didn't get hurt.

I've notived this as well. I appear to have problems with it jaming up my exausht. Solution. I'm stitching a piece of material in that location.
JK

I totally agree. A very nice lady that really gives her customers a neat product. As
for not being warm enough, I think that every diver has a different need based on the
diving they do, where they do it, and their own physiology. I got the 300 vest that
she also makes and I for see no problems staying warm in my particular case. Winenut.

Kennedydive:
I've notived this as well. I appear to have problems with it jaming up my exausht. Solution. I'm stitching a piece of material in that location.
JK

The few people that suffer from this problem tend to wrap a bandage or even an old sock with a hole cut in it where the exhaust is.

I have a cuff dump and dont suffer the problem (if i did, shaking my arm would solve it).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom