Drysuit undergarment what do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Bare super hi loft which is toasty. My Powerstretch 300 hangs in the closet unused.

To do it again, I would probably try the Santi. Any Water Sports can order custom fitting.

When I want to be warm, I reach for my Santi BZ400.

Are you saying that the old DUI 400 is too warm for you? If that's the case, then the Santi BZ400 will be too warm too.

Yep its too hot, too bulky on my legs, and bunches up funny on my butt :). i took it for an alternation and it cost more than suit itself to bring it to spec.:) so its on ebay now fyi

Fourth element arctic for temperatures between 40-65
Fourth element xerotherm for temperatures above 65.

I do get chilled easily and 65 is definitely the lowest I would use the xerotherms, I would use both the xerotherm and the arctic for any colder than 40.

I like the Fourth Element Subxero salopette and Arctic top combo. Tried it out a few days ago, and I wasn't cold during two days of three-four dives a day w/ 50 degree water temps. I tend to not put much gas in my suit, so this was much better for me than the Arctic bottom/top combo. I have tried a Subxero jacket with the salopette for a few dives. I have the impression that the Subxero jacket restricts movement for me, but I have to dive it some more and see if it loosens up; if the air temp is warm, it's definitely fry-ville with this jacket, though.

I love my fourth element under garments. I have both a light set and heavier set for colder temps.

I used DUI for a while and felt it did not stretch or vent well. My dive buddy had the same problem with the 400.

I use a Bare Hi Loft. I love it. It very flexible and vents perfectly. Very well made.

I use the Fourth Element Arctic for colder dives, and XT250 for warmer ones. If its winter I layer them both together and I am good.

Andrew, I wear the 4 way stretch in the summer. Sometimes, I'll layer on a fleece sweater underneath if I need extra warmth. In the winter months, I have a tailored 2 or 3 layer that keeps me comfortable for an hour or so. I've never had to layer anything underneath it yet. Best of all, it's puffy enough to plug up my legs.

For comparisons, the latter isn't quite as warm as DUI's thicker garments.

fobturbo: which one you where when? i like his suits too.

Peter_C: i have DUI g400 the maroon one, that thig is a temperature death trap to me :) im thinking of washing it so it is not so hot.
obviously shelling out 600$ for new DUI 400 is out of question now

I would guess much of it depends on how you dive. If you are kicking and covering a lot of ground you will stay much warmer then sitting still and barely moving, or even colder...scootering along. If not scootering I tend to move fairly slowly, and our dives generally last at least an hour, sometimes much longer, which is probably why I get cold. Team Bunny has very very long dives, while kicking, covering an incredible amount of terrain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom