Drysuit Training Poll

Did you take a drysuit course and do you feel they are necessary?

• Yes I took the course, yes they are absolutely necessary.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Yes I took the course, no it is not absolutely necessary.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • No I did not take the course, but I think they are necessary.

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • No I did not take the course, I don't feel they are necessary.

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • Yes I took the course, yes they are absolutely necessary.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Yes I took the course, no it is not absolutely necessary.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • No I did not take the course, but I think they are necessary.

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • No I did not take the course, I don't feel they are necessary.

Votes: 33 40.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took the dry suit course. I think it was definitely worth the money. I had a friend that was gonna show me how to use and I opted instead to spend $100 and take the course.

What I like about the course mostly was that the instructor showed us how to get out of a feet up position. I know my friend would have forgot to show me that, or he would have thought that was something that wasn't needed.

I was in a drysuit on dive #6. Several hundred drysuit dives later I am glad I took that class.
I have a friend that bought a DUI sig series cf200. I repeatly urged him to take the class. I talked to people to help me convince him to take the class.Peoples response was basically that he was a good diver and it would not be a problem.These were instructor certifiers!!! I ended up going with him so he did not go alone.
I gave him all of the spill and we went to the platform and praticed skills. I hooked up his inflater on the platform for him...We did skills.
2nd dive went to platform, hooked up his inflater for him at the platform again, did skills and went for a dive. Did an 80' dive and started a multi level assent. Guess he pushed the wrong button...
I chased him down and arrested the assent at about 40 foot with him upside down. I flipped him and vented him. After six dives on his suit, I ended up owning it at a much reduced cost.
I now have three drysuits:eek:

I love my drysuits and would recommend the class regardless of which method they teach.

ps if I do not feel a little squeeze I have to much air in that suit. Do you think I would have stopped our assent if my suit was not squeezing me just a little bit???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom