Drysuit Too Big

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In this case I was only wearing shorts under the suit. Not even a t-shirt. I don't have undergarments yet but I could try wearing something that is the approximate size of undergarments and give it another go.
I did a few dives and a deco dive in a rental suit that was quite large and didn't have any problems so maybe this one will be alright as well.
A drysuit keeps you dry. Not warm. Only dry. You will need a thick coverall underneath.

Just to give you an idea:
https://www.ursuit.com/resources/productimages/6689/thermofill_heavy_front_L.png

Sure, you can go with a legacy solution too, with a thick woollen sweater, woollen pants, and three layers of thigh high woollen socks... traditionally used since the 19th century. A modern undersuit may come with some benefits, though... The undergarments will fill that suit and remember that you need to move in it, too.

The legs might be too long. My suit is similarly too tall, but I fold the legs and fix the fold with gaitors. It's suboptimal but allright (can't complain as the suit was cheap). You might get a better fit by paying a lot more - but you MUST try it with technical undergarments and a coverall on.

You will learn to dive your suit.

Also, trilam is non strech, and it it's too tight,
then it is a living hell, especially on the shore when donning fins.
I know because my suit shrank with all the good food i ate.

My new suite is "spacious" and it's fine.

And hey, your drysuit could be worse.

(replica of an existing 18th century drysuit)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom