Drysuit storage/drying in a condo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scarborough Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone,
I just purchased a condo and am left with a bit of a logistical problem. I can't figure a good way to hang my drysuit to dry and subsequently store it. All of the conventional clothe storage options arent meant to handle the weight of a wet drysuit. Any ideas, suggestions etc would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has thought of a creative storage solution for their gear that'd be nice to find out about too.

Blue Reef Dry-Suit Hanger

How about a large plastic container on the floor of the closet while it's drying. Or hang it in the shower?

My wife has already got used to the suit hanging on the door, laying on the sofa and kicking around in the bag all year around :) I have not explored the storage options yet as it is always used. :)

But if I do not use it for a week I just roll it and put it in the bag

If your drysuit is not made of a super-heavy-when-wet material, you can drape it over the shower rod in the bathroom while it dries. I'll usually put towels on the floor below (outside of the tub) to absorb the water dripping off of the suit.

I have a trilam drysuit, and live in an apartment. I just lay the suit out to dry for a few hours/overnight on a couple of towels overnight, and roll it up loosely and store in a bag or tub.

I have a trilam drysuit, and live in an apartment. I just lay the suit out to dry for a few hours/overnight on a couple of towels overnight, and roll it up loosely and store in a bag or tub.

I do the same. If it's nice out and I'm home, I'll drap my trilam over a chair on the balcony too. However, since summer is coming, I've been thinking of purchasing one of those free standing closets from Ikea to store the gear I don't happen to be using at the time. I switch back and forth between single and double set up.

The suit is trilam but it is a Hollis Biodry FX100 so it uses that Wearforce material which unfortunately retains some water. I thought about using a rail with a tub underneath but was worried about the weight bearing on the rail. I cant use a standard drysuit hanger because i have softboots that i wear rockboots over.

Hi fellow Scarberian, The best place I have found for very heavy wet things that need to
dry is the shower rod. Its a place made for wet things. Hang it and pull the shower curtain past
it on the inside of the tub. All water then ends up in the drain were it is supposed to be.
Hope that helps.

I read on another thread that newspapers in the feet help soak up any moisture that may be inside. Doesn't help your hanging problem, but may help your drying one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom